DROID bionic. Best phone ever?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
If press down hard enough it will on the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks, I did manage to do this to an OG just now but I had to press so hard it hurt my thumb. I guess it is the additional flexibility of a larger piece of glass that makes it easier on 4 inch plus screens.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I did manage to do this to an OG just now but I had to press so hard it hurt my thumb. I guess it is the additional flexibility of a larger piece of glass that makes it easier on 4 inch plus screens.

Maybe Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant not bend resistant.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

I'm glad I could be of assistance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

solution

Reaction score
I was thinking the Bionic was the best phone out there, until I ran into the connectivity problem that it has. Losing it's data connection and not getting it back for hours is a huge problem, making the phone worthless when it happens.

My D1 had better connectivity even if it was slow 3G, it was still faster than an unconnected 4GLTE device.

Could be just your area.. just saying.

4g was acting up two days ago I went to my local vzw and they told me they were working on the towers for the next few days, today I have had 4g all day so maybe they are done fixing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
jdparise

jdparise

Reaction score
Yes correct the 4g was down 2 days ago. Back to normal now. If still having a problem call Verizon and get a replacement.

don_droid

Reaction score
I don't think they represent GG as anything but scratch resistant - it won't prevent shattering, either.

These displays are also using thinner glass and the thickness of is directly related to the stiffness of the glass. I expect that the GG is just a very thin very hard coating applied to normal LCD type of glass. The stiffness of is to the third power in the deflection equation below. We can also see that as the glass gets longer and wider it will have a larger deflection, but the thickess of the glass is the most important part.

The elastic deflection on a beam, loaded at its centre, supported by two simple supports is given by:
b975565a3c55a9943e1b08d8e0b995e0.png
where:
δ = the deflection of the beam F = force acting on the centre of the beam L = length of the beam between the supports E = modulus of elasticity I = area moment of inertia

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
These displays are also using thinner glass and the thickness of is directly related to the stiffness of the glass. I expect that the GG is just a very thin very hard coating applied to normal LCD type of glass. The stiffness of is to the third power in the deflection equation below. We can also see that as the glass gets longer and wider it will have a larger deflection, but the thickess of the glass is the most important part.

The elastic deflection on a beam, loaded at its centre, supported by two simple supports is given by:
b975565a3c55a9943e1b08d8e0b995e0.png
where:
δ = the deflection of the beam F = force acting on the centre of the beam L = length of the beam between the supports E = modulus of elasticity I = area moment of inertia

Thanks for the information. I believe GG is not simply coated, if I remember correctly (which I may not) it is not glass in a normal sense. It is an alkali-aluminosilicate hybrid if you will. But in tests I have seen it (GG) is not necessarily less flexible but tolerant to being flexed (hard).

Sorry to the OP for being off topic, just had not seen this mentioned previously.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I just wanted to take back what I said about the Bionics build quality. I ended up exchanging mine and got a new one. My new one feels COMPLETELY different from my old one. No raised screen, screen isn't overly glossy feeling, solid feeling, and it doesn't creak.

I don't know what I had before but it was nothing like what I just got.

M

Mullensbb

Best phone out right now is the SGSII. It's not out for Verizon though. So if we limit it to Verizon phones then yes, Bionic is the best hands down.

that's your opinion personally I f ing hate samsung phones

slipknot20085

Reaction score
I am definitely liking the bionic a lot more than the Thunderbolt that it replaced. Though I do wish the data connectivity problem would disappear