I love my bionic

Al Neri

Reaction score
I really like my BIONIC but there are a few tiny issues with mine. First of all the alarm is so quiet I slept through it. When I set it and adjust the volume setting it's very loud but when the actual alarm goes off it is quiet. Second the led only flashes one time so if I miss the initial blink I have no idea that I have a message. Third no matter what Ringtone I set for a contact it only plays my default tone.

Hopefully these will get fixed or I will figure a way around them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I really like my BIONIC but there are a few tiny issues with mine. First of all the alarm is so quiet I slept through it. When I set it and adjust the volume setting it's very loud but when the actual alarm goes off it is quiet. Second the led only flashes one time so if I miss the initial blink I have no idea that I have a message. Third no matter what Ringtone I set for a contact it only plays my default tone.

Until there is a fix, there are better alarm apps and for the LED, Light Flow fixed those issues for me!

BSG4893

Reaction score
Since last summer i have been through so many phones it amazes me. First i had the storm for a year up until last summer, than i bought an og droid from my neighbor for 30$ and loved it for a while, in march i bought an iphone 4 because i got impatient waiting for the thunderbolt but 10 days later the bolt came out so i swapped to that. Then i fried the software in my bolt unplugging it from my computer while it was mounted as a disk drive and they sent me a refurbished one that was absolute garbage and pretty much disfunctional so i complained to verizon and got them to send me a charge which i have no complaints about with the exception of it being a little laggy at times. Now i used my girlfriends upgrade and got myself a bionic and i have to say this phone feels like a keeper. There really isnt anything about it i can complain about. The battery life is great if your in a 3g area. I get about 14-16 hours out of it with 3g on all day with 15 minute pushes on my emails and moderate use. If you turn off data when your not using it the phone can easily get you through a day. Im on 50% right now and ive had the phone off the charger for 1day 2 hours 36mins which is great. Its wayy faster than the charge was and although the screen isnt as nice, it is designed to save battery so no complaints (and to be honest when the brightness is up it looks great anyway). Overall i love this phone like everyone else in this thread. Great job moto imo.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
As far as ring tones, did you select the contact, then edit, options, ringtone....?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Alarm when it goes off is soft but increases to max volume. I like it that way but thought the same as you when I got it.

Get K-9 Mail - the LED will flash for as long as you didn't check the mail and you can choose colors - it's the best email app for your phone.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
love Love LOVE my Bionic. Period. No problems. It was one of the easiest roots I've ever done. The screen is unbelievably clean. The HDMI out was gorgeous! I hooked it up to a 42" Plasma, and watched a movie. Perfect. It is by far the best phone I've ever owned. By far!

tcayton49

Reaction score

I had the same problem with the alarm. There is a setting to "Use increasing volume" I took the checkmark off of that and now it works perfectly for me.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the alarm. There is a setting to "Use increasing volume" I took the checkmark off of that and now it works perfectly for me.

Thanks! That seemed to fix the problem. My led seems to be working like it should now too. That just leaves the Ringtone issue.

skeezicks

Reaction score
love Love LOVE my Bionic. Period. No problems. It was one of the easiest roots I've ever done. The screen is unbelievably clean. The HDMI out was gorgeous! I hooked it up to a 42" Plasma, and watched a movie. Perfect. It is by far the best phone I've ever owned. By far!
Ditto. I'm pretty much awestruck with my Bionic. It's fast and responsive, everything I've been hankering for. Although I rooted my OG Droid, I haven't rooted the Bionic yet, and I'm wondering whether I want to do that right now. Yes, I know it's easy, but running Go Launcher, I've got the look and feel I want. So my question is one that's often asked, with a slight twist: if I'm happy with the interface and operation as it stands, is there any reason why you'd recommend rooting right now?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ I like the ad blocker (root) and I have to have my TiBu. I like to get my save games back and one of my favorite apps isn't in the market any more so the only way to get it is to restore it on any new phone with TiBu. Other than that, no roms just yet but soon!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ditto. I'm pretty much awestruck with my Bionic. It's fast and responsive, everything I've been hankering for. Although I rooted my OG Droid, I haven't rooted the Bionic yet, and I'm wondering whether I want to do that right now. Yes, I know it's easy, but running Go Launcher, I've got the look and feel I want. So my question is one that's often asked, with a slight twist: if I'm happy with the interface and operation as it stands, is there any reason why you'd recommend rooting right now?

I felt the exact same way, and asked myself the same question. Truly the answer is no. Simply for the fact smartphones are designed to be used as you need. If you don't care about bloat or overclocking or sbf's or whatever and you have GoLauncher (which I love), then I see no need.

BUT I like to customize the **** out of my phone and I enjoy being able to freeze bloat or remove ads. It just happens to have the added benefit of a slight speed increase, which was hardly an issue in the first place. So, that was my thought. Plus this root might not work forever and I'm sure a new one will be found again but...meh. There's a way to unroot as well, which was a selling point.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't root until you get some bug fix updates out there.

aramos87

Reaction score
Don't root until you get some bug fix updates out there.

+1 on that! I'll definitely be waiting awhile as well.

billyk

Reaction score
I am not only not rooting right now, but I am not even installing my "standard" stock app replacements, LauncherPro, Opera and Handcent. I REALLY love the performance of the Bionic, and at this time, I am very happy with the stock launcher, browser and messaging.