Droid BIONIC or Samsung Galaxy S2?

poooookah78

Reaction score
Hey guys... haven't posted in a while but I thought I'd pick your collective brains here given the info we have in front of us now.

I have the OG Droid. I have loved this phone since Nov. 09. Rooted it, ROM'd it, etc. Had a few replacements because of wear and tear but I love this phone. My next step was going to be the Bionic back in January but it got pushed back and has been completely revamped. Then I was totally hooked on the Samsung Galaxy S2, and I still am, but it looks like that's not ever coming to the states, even though it's the sickest phone out there.

Is anyone in my situation also? If so, what are you choosing to do? I can't find legit stats on the Bionic everywhere... there's a lot of speculation as to the actual clock speed of the processor (either 1ghz, or 1.2 or even 1.5). Also, the camera on the S2 is nasty, 1080p capture at 30FPS for video... whaaaat? Who needs a cam corder w/ those kinds of stats?!

Well, let me know what you think, and if you've heard any news on the Bionic's ACTUAL stats/release date (already heard 8/4 of this year) and the S2 if it's actually coming here or not.

Thanks guys.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lot of threads about these two phones lately...

Unfortunately the real stats of the Bionic haven't been leaked yet, from what I've read. Moto has their lips locked tight on this phone. Last I heard is they're adding more memory to the phone, but who knows at this point.

As for Samsung, I'm not a fan of their UI so I don't even consider it. And no point in researching a phone that isn't going to make it to the States, unless you wanna import one...