Droid Bionic Gets CyanogenMod7; just not complete

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;Zx8Wmmpba5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8Wmmpba5k&feature=player_embedded[/video]​
In today's world people love choices, and they also love CyanogenMod, luckily they might now have both with the Bionic. The phone that has been causing all the noise; has been rooted, has countless ROMs, and might have a fully working CyanogenMod port soon. The video above is of a Droid Bionic running the almost perfect Android 2.3.4 system. There is still a bit of work to go before this baby is ready for your devices, but all progress is good progress.

Parkhum

Reaction score
I actually have on interest in CyanogenMOD.
Not sure why.

Tried it out on my OG Droid and it was pretty blocky.
Maybe if there's a DX ROM for it, I'll give it a whirl.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I actually have on interest in CyanogenMOD.
Not sure why.

Tried it out on my OG Droid and it was pretty blocky.
Maybe if there's a DX ROM for it, I'll give it a whirl.

They certainly do have it for the DX :)

What is great about CM is that many ROMs use it as a base or parts of their code to build with. Can potentially boost the development for a device (like it did for the D2/DX not too long ago).

jayman350

Reaction score
I'm not going to even consider flashing a rom onto the Bionic until there is an SBF file. I'm not risking effing something up with no way to restore back to stock.

But this is very good news for the dev side of things.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Man, now I hate my X2 even more :)

I kind of agree only not with the x2 part, I just have an X. With how fast everything has happened for the bionic it makes me wish I had an upgrade to use on it. Until prior I was not worried about it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm not going to even consider flashing a rom onto the Bionic until there is an SBF file. I'm not risking effing something up with no way to restore back to stock.

But this is very good news for the dev side of things.

I was just reading the article and I see your sig that you won the bionic. Congratulations!

And you have the right idea. I would not have the guts to do ANYTHING to it prior to getting one.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

brianlayman

Reaction score
"The phone that has been causing all the noise;"

How true, how true...

I wish we could know if the headphone jack on this particular phone was making the squealing noise noise before it was flashed. For I assume CM wouldn't change that, but it would be worth checking...

Anathema

Reaction score
"The phone that has been causing all the noise;"

How true, how true...

I wish we could know if the headphone jack on this particular phone was making the squealing noise noise before it was flashed. For I assume CM wouldn't change that, but it would be worth checking...

It's a known issues with the bionic. The audio jack is well, jacked.

jayman350

Reaction score
1st SBF files are no longer used, 2nd - we have the new file method already :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-recover-brick-using-new-file-format-fxz.html

just saw that over at bionicforums.net its amazing how fast things are going w/ this phone. I mean it was rooted before it was even released, now we have bootstrap, roms, custom recovery, and now the fxz!

now i Just need to get over to a VZW store to get them to activate a new 4G sim card for me. hopefully it will be done today at lunch and I will be full time on the Bionic

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Man, now I hate my X2 even more :)

DX2 should be getting CM7 soon. There is work on it. The Bionic is getting so much attention because its dual core with 4G. Frankly, I still digg my DX. My bro-in-law has a DX2 and i look stuff up for him once in a while. Stuff is happening, just slowly. The DX2 wasn't much of an upgrade from the DX and having Froyo on it for so long hurt it too IMO.