New Bionic Ad Gets You AMPED!

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;PyLubOCWsbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyLubOCWsbY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The latest Verizon ad for the Bionic is one testosterone pumping promo. Unlike the typical random display of images, this new ad has quite the story line. A fairly attractive lady with a sword, who let her in the kitchen, goes around killing machines and collecting parts. She kills the first robot and takes his 8MP/1080p camera, the next robot loses his HDMI port, followed by a dual-core processor, and lastly a robot loses his powerful 4G LTE chip. These all go together to make a new device, a device coming in a few days, a Droid Bionic.

Via: Droid-life

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty sweet ad. Plus they didn't feel the need to take a shot at any other manufacturer, they are actually trusting the phone to do the talking for itself, which I love. I am not too interested in buying a Bionic but I give the ad campaign an A.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that has to be the WORST ad I have ever seen, regardless of the product being sold.

Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty sweet ad. Idk what kind of TV that one guy watches for it to the be the worst ad he has ever seen. A little dramatic maybe? The snuggie commercials were pretty terrible.

sb1831

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that has to be the WORST ad I have ever seen, regardless of the product being sold.

Uhmmm no.

I like the advertisement. It shows something svelte, sexy, and dressed in black destroying the big bullies.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Clearly this guy hasn't seen the ad for the Broccoli Wad; thankfully I could only find the version DJ Steve Porter parodied, but you get the idea.

[video=youtube;rh0UvrR8UM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh0UvrR8UM4[/video]

nikecar

Reaction score
I agree with it being bad.

I'd rather have it as she battles one giant machine and when she wins, she gets the prize which is the phone, after a closeup of her eyes with one glowing like the Droid icon.

Detonation

Reaction score
A fairly attractive lady with a sword, who let her in the kitchen, goes around killing machines and collecting parts.

If you're going to make an out of place female joke, at least get the joke right....

Reaction score
One glowing eye like a Droid would have been an improvement.

None the less, I don't want to look at .9 second flashes of a robot and some girl in a tight black leather outfit. Show me the phone.

Remember that one commercial where the guy is texting in a board meeting and his hands and arm start turning into robotic arms? Now that was a commercial that got me amped. It is a shame that VZW is dipping to the point of using sex to sell. But hey, at least she was fully covered right. :)

debdroid1a

Reaction score
One glowing eye like a Droid would have been an improvement.

None the less, I don't want to look at .9 second flashes of a robot and some girl in a tight black leather outfit. Show me the phone.

Remember that one commercial where the guy is texting in a board meeting and his hands and arm start turning into robotic arms? Now that was a commercial that got me amped. It is a shame that VZW is dipping to the point of using sex to sell. But hey, at least she was fully covered right. :)

A lot of VZW commercials haven't been much on showing the phone. Most of the Droid's, expect that meeting one. Even the thunderbolt--a lot of lightening, thunder, and then finally the phone. One commercial at a theather and after my friend was like "ok" because she had no clue what it was about (she's not techy).

I thought this was cool. Having a "girl" in the commercial was great. And probably a bit of a play on the new catwoman (some photo showed Ann Hathaway in a full tight black leather outfit on a motorcycle).

And this isn't the worst commercial. Do I have to mention Arby's (the new Good Mood Food series of commercials). Or the one for Fiber One cereal where the parent lie to the kid and say it's Number One cereal, covering the Fi with their hands... Yea I probably watch too much TV... :)