Droid Bionic Favorite Contacts Widget equivalent on Droid Maxx?

bonesvf103

Reaction score
On Droid Bionic the stock widget for favorite contacts allowed you to show 4 contacts in any order, and with a swipe down, it showed you something like 12 of your contacts for quick calls/tests/etc.

I haven't seen any stock widgets on the Maxx...and I only found one app that is close, but it will only show you the top 4 based on criteria such as last time called, top favorite, etc. It's just not as customizable as the Bionic one. Does anyone know where to get the Bionic one? Or is it strictly for Bionic and that version of Android OS?

Thanks,
boNes

doogald

Reaction score
Yes, that was a Motorola Gingerbread widget that worked only with those phones (Droid 3 and Bionic I know for sure; maybe the Droid X2 and Droid X as well?)

You can create 1x1 contact widgets one at a time for your favorite contacts (manually) and put them in a folder to psuedo-replicate that functionality, though.

OP
B

bonesvf103

Reaction score
That's too bad, I liked it (although the original version because it animated well, the newer one on Ginerbread didn't as well).

Thanks!
boNes

T49ers68

Reaction score
I can't believe this widget is gone! I think It was the most convenient thing in the whole phone. What a pain it is to have to find my top 8 people in the phone list with 100 people.

doogald

Reaction score
I can't believe this widget is gone! I think It was the most convenient thing in the whole phone. What a pain it is to have to find my top 8 people in the phone list with 100 people.

Put the "People" app on a home screen. Tap it. Tap the word "favorites". Two taps - there they are.

T49ers68

Reaction score
Yes. I see that option. It will have to do. But the old widget only took up 4 squares and would hold 8 people. If the old widget was swiped down then the other 4 would appear

doogald

Reaction score
Yes. I see that option. It will have to do. But the old widget only took up 4 squares and would hold 8 people. If the old widget was swiped down then the other 4 would appear

Yes, I had that icon on my Droid 3, so I remember it well. The method I describe shows six favorites and you can scroll to the rest. You can also tap the search bar and start typing the name of any contact and it will appear in the search results.

(You can also create direct contact 1x1 widgets for your favorite contacts and put them in a folder, though, of course, that's not automatic.) If you want a phone that is customized with options like that, maybe Samsung phones would be better going forward. Or maybe there is a custom launcher like Go Launcher that has customized widgets like that. (I am pretty sure, actually, that Go Launcher Ex has a contact widget that is similar enough.)

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Android Pro Widgets includes a Contacts widget that functions very nicely. It also includes a monthly calendar widget that syncs to Google Calendar, and some others. Highly customizable and it's free (with optional pay version available for theme support).

synaptyc

Reaction score
On Droid Bionic the stock widget for favorite contacts allowed you to show 4 contacts in any order, and with a swipe down, it showed you something like 12 of your contacts for quick calls/tests/etc.

I haven't seen any stock widgets on the Maxx...and I only found one app that is close, but it will only show you the top 4 based on criteria such as last time called, top favorite, etc. It's just not as customizable as the Bionic one. Does anyone know where to get the Bionic one? Or is it strictly for Bionic and that version of Android OS?

Thanks,
boNes

Try Contacts Widget by DROIDTECHBUZZ
It is very simple, elegant, functional, yet has a very small file size.
It is resizable and looks great on my Moto X.
Here's a picture:
View attachment 68850 View attachment 68849

~Calvin