Any way to get the Motorola Contacts widget over to the Nexus?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I loved that Widget on my Bionic. It had 4 contact at the top and when you swiped down it had all of your favorites - you could, call, IM, etc...

One thing I miss.

DevilDog0331

Reaction score
Use the contact widget, create a bunch of contact icons and drag them into one folder, works great.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see that now - you can put up a contact on the screen. I still like the pull down method from the Moto Widget though. It was nice and you just swiped down to see a bunch.

DevilDog0331

Reaction score
yeah, i had a Bionic also that got transfered to my wife, that widget was pretty good, but this functionally works just as well, although you are limited to 12 items in a folder.

Reaction score
I miss that thing too. Might have to wait for the Moto Nexus!

If its a Google phone it will be Vanilla Android meaning that the company doesn't get to theme it or change it from how Google designed it. That means no moto widgets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Matias Duarte did say that manufacturer skins do a great amount for Android in general. Google learns from the manufacturers and the manufacturers learn from Google. If its a widely popular feature, it could potentially be added Android at some point in the future.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Whats the difference between swiping a widget and pressing a folder? Requires the same number of gestures

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If its a Google phone it will be Vanilla Android meaning that the company doesn't get to theme it or change it from how Google designed it. That means no moto widgets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I was thinking more along the lines of getting it to work on the Moto Nexus not that it would come with it!

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah,

Anyone who's had the OG Droid knows that these can be ported over in the form of an APK...

Anyone up to the task?

brucefan42

Reaction score
Yeah,

Anyone who's had the OG Droid knows that these can be ported over in the form of an APK...

Anyone up to the task?

I'd be interested in that myself. I don't have access to a Bionic or RAZR.

orion2001

Reaction score
You guys have more than 12 people you call regularly? :blink:

I lead a pretty dull and boring life I guess :biggrin:

xCorps

Reaction score
Bump.

Hate to revive an old thread, but I'm interested in porting the Favorites Contact Widget by Motorola to another Homescreen. I'm trying to ween myself from the stock Motorola launcher for the Droid Razr Maxx. I prefer more customization to my homescreens and general UI.

:ph34r: I just installed Android Kitchen today. Like. I'm really interested.

Anyone else interested enough to help a nub dev-wanna-be?

Dimmie

Reaction score
Despite the fact that the Favorites Contacts widget doesn't work as well as it did on Android 2.3, it also have always wanted to use it on another phone.
I had the RAZR HD since December and have just recieved the Sony Xperia Z today.

Surprisingly, it was pretty easy to get the APK file from the RAZR!
It's here: system/app/Favoriles.apk

If you don't have access to a rooted Motorola device, let me know and I'll send you the APK!
Cheers!

mattjenn

Reaction score
Despite the fact that the Favorites Contacts widget doesn't work as well as it did on Android 2.3, it also have always wanted to use it on another phone.
I had the RAZR HD since December and have just recieved the Sony Xperia Z today.

Surprisingly, it was pretty easy to get the APK file from the RAZR!
It's here: system/app/Favoriles.apk

If you don't have access to a rooted Motorola device, let me know and I'll send you the APK!
Cheers!

That will work on nexus?