Droid Bionic DDR2 RAM

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
Can someone thoroughly explain why DDR2 ram is going to make the Droid bionic any better than another that doesn't use DDR2 ram

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
Quote from an article on the topic, it's about ram in general and also discusses ddr3. It may be more about PCs, but computer components are computer components.

"
DDR2 (Double Data Rate 2) memory has been available for quite some time. New computers, even computers released within the last three years or so come equipped with DDR2 memory. An improvement over DDR memory, DDR2 produces faster performance with less energy consumption.

Read more: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/hardware/articles/12461.aspx#ixzz1HdV4BQ5e"

But basically, it can run faster with less power consumption.

If you want more info, just google something like "DDR vs DDR2". It doesn't really matter whether it's about PCs or phones, it still all works just about the same just on a smaller scale.

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
What about ROM because I've read that the bionic has 2GB of ROM how does that affect the performance of the phone. The EVO 3D has 4GB of ROM(I heard this on one of the hand-on videos) and it ran htc sense really smooth possibly the smoothest I've seen a UI run on an android device. Did the 4GB of ROM hav to do with that?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Imagine rom as a SSD in the computer. Stores your data/aps so the more you can store on your phone in stead of on SD card the faster EVERYTHING will be.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App