Droid and the Verizon 2.2 update TEXT

mixn123

Reaction score
I just received a text message yesterday on my brand new Droid X that my phone was sent the Android 2.2 software update.

I checked the version in the phone and it's still 2.1.

Up until this past friday, 9/10, I had the original moto droid which updated to Android 2.2 about two weeks ago.

Should my Droid X have this 2.2 update or is this new text message I just got probably a long overdue text about the update to my original droid from like two weeks ago?

I'm a bit confused about this.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Ha! Thats funny, I never got a text notification about the deuce deuce update on mine (D1), and my wife didn't either. Who did the text come from?

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
fun i just got that text 3 mins ago! and ive had 2.2 for weeks now.. lol

OP
M

mixn123

Reaction score
The text came from Verizon and what i'm hearing from folks is that they got the update within the last few weeks like my original moto droid did.

I suppose the question I now have is...

Has anyone received the 2.2 update on their Droid X?

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Funny thing about the Droid x/2 is that since they are running motoblur they can actually pull the update. So if you went to setting -> about phone -> system updates, it will actually PULL the update from the servers to your phone. So in theory the second the update is announced you could pull it to your phone. I suppose motoblur has to have at least one good feature right?