Droid and a Mac Book Pro

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use a MacBook Pro and I just dragged and dropped iTunes songs right onto my microSD card. I've been able to play them without any special applications (meaning I'm using the Music app that came with the Droid) and the album covers are even recognized.

I've made some of them into ringtones as well... very easy to do.

even if you dont have the album covers the droid will pull the covers off the internet.

bzellner

Reaction score
How do you sync iCal? I have just downloaded doubletwist and have downloaded itune music but calendar didn't update.

Last edited:

etbllc

Reaction score
I just downloaded double twist and the DRM songs (Ones I bought on iTunes) didn't transfer. I had to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times to work.

Should I burn them to a CD? Then transfer? What file do I use?

DroidFan

Reaction score
I just downloaded double twist and the DRM songs (Ones I bought on iTunes) didn't transfer. I had to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times to work.

Should I burn them to a CD? Then transfer? What file do I use?

Using the USB cable, I mounted the microSD card onto the desktop of the MacBook and then dragged/dropped the iTunes purchased music I wanted to have on my Droid. It was very simple and didn't require any additional software.

etbllc

Reaction score
Tried that (USB drag and drop) and downloaded Sailing Media. All the iTunes "purchased" music would not transfer.

Guess I'll either have to Burn CD's or try again.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Tried that (USB drag and drop) and downloaded Sailing Media. All the iTunes "purchased" music would not transfer.

Guess I'll either have to Burn CD's or try again.

Where are you transferring them to? I mean, which folder? I transferred them to my music folder on the microSD... no additional software was necessary and I've been able to play them on the standard music software included on the Droid.

I'm wondering if trying to play them through the downloaded media might be the problem. Just a thought....

xmnj

Reaction score
Do you download Double Twist to your Mac or the Droid?

With Salling do you have to put an app on the Droid?

With Salling, nothing goes on the Droid. If you use the free version, it syncs everything whenever to sync, so it can take some time, if you buy the software, it will sync only the newer items so that it will sync faster. I'm using the free version as I don't care how long it takes to sync, I plug it in before I go to bed and let it do it's thing.

etbllc

Reaction score
That's what I did. I mounted the USB put in developer mode and dragged directly to the DROID music folder. Some music went but most did not.

Could be something on my MacBook pro that doesn't allow it.

xmnj

Reaction score
That's what I did. I mounted the USB put in developer mode and dragged directly to the DROID music folder. Some music went but most did not.

Could be something on my MacBook pro that doesn't allow it.

Remember, any music you own in iTunes that has DRM, don't remember the exact date they stopped using DRM, you cannot transfer with any software or by dragging and dropping. You can upgrade the older songs to DRM free, I cannot remember the price but iTunes should show you in the upgrade my library option, but anything you buy now is DRM free.