droid always deleting messages!!!!!

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
alright, so my Droid 1 used to delete messages when I was unrooted. And it was always a freeze, then force close, then when reopen it was all good. When i rooted, i ran bugless beast for the first 5 or 6 months. it still did it, but very very occasionally. Probably once a month, if not less. (i wiped my phone more than that) About a month or two ago I switched to UD, and I love it! but im having problems with my phone deleting my messages. It does it atleast once every 3 or 4 days. I changed the settings to hold only 100 total messages per conversation before erasing old messages, and usually only have 10 or so conversations total when it is all erased. I have the UD settings to attempt to save messages in memory, and my memory isnt low when it happens. it just happens randomly.
Anything I can do to prevent this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you considered another app? Handcent and Chomp may work for you.

OP
G

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
i like the way the regular mms app looks. i guess, with time i could get used to handcent or chomp. ive used handcent before, not chomp tho. never had problems with handcent but i also never used it for more than a few days.
arent you also not supposed to remove the stock mms app from your phone if you use another with UD? just to make it better for if you dont like the other app. i think i saw that somewhere. i guess you could just switch sms app with the command in UD settings

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Handcent does allow you to add themes and customize. I've had Handcent for almost a year. I switch roms frequently and it has run successfully without me deleting the stock app. I do disable the notification in the stock app

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I agree on handcent. Never lost a message here either.

What you've heard about removing the stock mms app isn't specific to any ROM. If you remove it you can no longer send or receive mms txt. And it may cause other problems as well. I use handcent with the stock notifications disabled and no problems and I flash more ROMs than Mike ;)

Sent from somewhere...

WishRyder

Reaction score
Do you have any "unread message" widgets or 3rd party apps that interact with messages? Early on in my Droid life, one of the first apps I downloaded was a counter for unread messages. I soon found out that this app would occasionally cause a force close and wipe out ALL of my messages. Once uninstalled, never had an issue again. Just a thought.

OP
G

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
i do, but it never force closes and the deleting of my messages happens frequently and doesnt seem to change regarding on whether or not any other apps interfere. the only one i have now, is the ADW notifier app. im gonna try with the handcent app and see how it works for me