Phone gmail doesn't reflect in my inbox...?

schmaltzy

Reaction score
So I didn't know how to word the title....but here is what's happening lately.

When I get a new e-mail and open it on my Droid I either delete it or just make it as read and close gmail. But when I get another email, my phone Gmail shows I have 2 unread messages even though there will only be one in bold (unread).

Ex. - Last night I received 3 emails. I read all 3 and deleted 2 of them. They no longer showed on my phone. But when I got to work this morning and opened up Gmail on my computer, it showed 3 new, unread messages which were the same messages I looked at last night.

This is the first time I have had this problem with any ROM. I was using a themed UD 1.0, but yesterday I flashed back to just stock UD 1.

Any ideas? Fixes?

fizeke136

Reaction score
So I didn't know how to word the title....but here is what's happening lately.

When I get a new e-mail and open it on my Droid I either delete it or just make it as read and close gmail. But when I get another email, my phone Gmail shows I have 2 unread messages even though there will only be one in bold (unread).

Ex. - Last night I received 3 emails. I read all 3 and deleted 2 of them. They no longer showed on my phone. But when I got to work this morning and opened up Gmail on my computer, it showed 3 new, unread messages which were the same messages I looked at last night.

This is the first time I have had this problem with any ROM. I was using a themed UD 1.0, but yesterday I flashed back to just stock UD 1.

Any ideas? Fixes?

I used to have the same problem but i think i fixed it by removing gmail and then reinstalling it. I say i think because it was a few weeks ago and i have been trying out a new rom lately so i cant really remember...but its worth a try. sorry if this doesnt help...

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
Go into settings, manage applications, filter applications to all, find gmail and then delete the cache and then delete data

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have the same problem from time to time. This isn't really a fix, but I noticed that if I look at my email in Outlook (I have my gmail tied via IMAP to Outlook) I had a email that was bold (unread) so I read it on Outlook. That seemed to mark it as read, even though I swear that email wasn't bold on my Droid. Go figure.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Got it fixed. I uninstalled and then re-installed Gmail and it works just fine now. Thanks for the help!