Droid 4 [Bootstrap] Safe Strap Clockworkmod Recovery is Here!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Dum5Wkwh2cQ]http://youtu.be/Dum5Wkwh2cQ[/video]

If you aren't familiar SafeStrap developed by HashCode is designed specifically for devices with locked bootloaders. It essentially allows you to dual boot into two separate operating systems one "unsafe system" or your main system and one "safe system" or secondary system. The safesystem will be the place that you flash and test custom Roms and mods. The benefit is that you never touch your main stock system and can run full custom roms without the risk of bricking your device.
Their is still minimal risk and upon installing safestrap you will have to agree not to blame Hashcode for any mistakes you make. That being said if you are paying attention to what you are doing and follow directions well then it will be pretty hard to brick your device.
You should also be aware that right now there is still no safety net as their have been no fastboot files for system restoral leaked to the public. So do be very cautious. I would recommend not going wild with this until we have fastboot files.

Grab The APK here: Via HashCode

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Good to see an official release instead of just rigging the Razr one to work. Made me a bit nervous with the Razr version.

I didn't know we could run a separate OS, though! Dual-booting phones FTW! :D

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Next step is being able to flash the D4 to another carriers like Cricket :biggrin:

Omnipharious

Reaction score
Excellent! I wish that this was available last week. I'm on my 2nd D4. I rooted my first one and bricked it because I tried to mod it without knowing that there are 2 OS. Now I'm being extra cautious! Thanks:hail:

death06969

Reaction score
safe strap works

Thank you, I seen that clockworkmod had the droid4 on there list today but wanted to know all this poop. Like 2.x or 3.x, :D

Omnipharious

Reaction score
I saw the same message in Rom Manager when I attempted to flash CWM Recovery. So I guess I can't use Rom Manager for now. Or at least until it officially supports the Droid 4?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't need clockwork mod. That's what safestrap is.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

Omnipharious

Reaction score
Thanks, i figured that much. But, i also used Rom Manager for the other tweeks like fixing permissions, managing backups, partitioning my sd card and flashing older experimental recoveries. Which can not be done in Safestrap. Yet:) But for now Safestrap IS Awesome!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Afaik you can fix permissions in safestrap.

I'm on call, otherwise I would check!

Sent from my XT862 + ICS