Droid 3 xt862 mms/wap settings on alltel

thajiveone

Reaction score
Having problems getting a Droid 3 xt862 working web and mms on Alltel's network. I have my number working for standard talk and text and can use wifi but will not keep phone if data is available only with wifi. I had to manually program my MIN/MDN so the number would activate using "Alltel's" towers on *228. I did an apn backup and restore from my a854 to try to get mms/web working but no go.

I've been with Alltel for a few yrs and I'm in one of the few areas where Verizon and Alltel are two different companies. I had a Droid a854 (Milestone) from Alltel for almost two years. Ive been having screen issues and now it needs a new screen. I know it can be replaced but I was wanting something a little newer and nicer. If anyone has any suggestions or possible solutions on getting this resolved I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

PS--this phone is of course using vzw's stock rom. was reset to defaults before i programmed my number into it

ebaysnyper

Reaction score
Where are you where alltel is still around. I was forced into verizon and would gladly move to get out

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

btonetbone

Reaction score
I am on a grandfathered Alltel contract that is now owned by Verizon. They keep us segregated somewhat (I have a PRL 40087 for example). I'd be glad to provide you with any of the info from my phone if it helps. Just let me know what you want and I'll put it up for you.

eye_rule

Reaction score
Still needing help with this issue if anyone has any other suggestions

I know this is old, but...

I've done this before with a droid x. You have to get QPST and flash the PRL so it will activate on the network, with talk and text. Next google whiterabbit android and flash the moto unlock and NV items, and Alltel's settings for 3g, and you're good to go. Use APNS backup and restore from your alltel droid to the 3 for MMS.