Droid 3 totally messed

superkeest

Reaction score
My phone, that i pre ordered has been awesome until saturday. I was installing a psx emulator, and all of a sudden i got my first reboot. It came back up and everything, i mean everything started force closing, browser facebook, apps i wanst even running, even the market. I uninstalled the psx emulator thinking it was the problem. Reboot after reboot. Thought maybe i got a virus or something, so tried downloading an antivirus. apps wouldnt download at all. So i put it in safe mode and downloaded antivirus. when i would try to run anything it would instantly force close. Then started rebooting back to the welcome to android screen, like it wiped itself. Although i could skip it and everything was still there including my google account. Every time it reboots its in airplane mode too. I tried to uninstall all apps thinking something was causing a problem, they all still show up in app drawer and under manage apps, even though they are uninstalled, a bunch of them still force close even though they are uninstalled. Ive even tried factory resetting through the privacy menu, and through recovery, IT WONT WIPE MY PHONE. Still reboots right back to normal, still force closing on everything. sometimes the browser works, most of the time it just force closes. I haven't found any one with these issues, i suppose ill try taking it in to verizon. it is ridiculous.

pistacio

Reaction score
Do you have an SD card installed? Try removing it and wiping again.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

OP
S

superkeest

Reaction score
Just tried that this morning. same thing rebooted right back to where it was last time. This time did a factory reset from the privacy menu. then it turned off. so i booted into recovery and did a wipe/factory reset followed by a clear cache. rebooted, and it still had all my setup, background, gmail still logged in, and still force closing everything.

lunacie

Reaction score
Factory wipe again, but take out your sdcard first (if you put one in), and make sure you do NOT sync with google servers on first boot, only install apps one by one from market.

JT

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
S

superkeest

Reaction score
Factory wipe again, but take out your sdcard first (if you put one in), and make sure you do NOT sync with google servers on first boot, only install apps one by one from market.

JT

Tried factory reset, both from privacy menu, and from recovery, both with sd card removed, both did absolutely nothing. Just took it to verizon, guy didn't even look at it and told me id have a new one in 5 days.

avenged06x

Reaction score
I love how they whip them over there shoulders and hand you a new one.. But they say there worth 200 bucks.. Gay!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
My phone, that i pre ordered has been awesome until saturday. I was installing a psx emulator, and all of a sudden i got my first reboot. It came back up and everything, i mean everything started force closing, browser facebook, apps i wanst even running, even the market. I uninstalled the psx emulator thinking it was the problem. Reboot after reboot. Thought maybe i got a virus or something, so tried downloading an antivirus. apps wouldnt download at all. So i put it in safe mode and downloaded antivirus. when i would try to run anything it would instantly force close. Then started rebooting back to the welcome to android screen, like it wiped itself. Although i could skip it and everything was still there including my google account. Every time it reboots its in airplane mode too. I tried to uninstall all apps thinking something was causing a problem, they all still show up in app drawer and under manage apps, even though they are uninstalled, a bunch of them still force close even though they are uninstalled. Ive even tried factory resetting through the privacy menu, and through recovery, IT WONT WIPE MY PHONE. Still reboots right back to normal, still force closing on everything. sometimes the browser works, most of the time it just force closes. I haven't found any one with these issues, i suppose ill try taking it in to verizon. it is ridiculous.

I suspect that you install an app that isn't Gingerbread-ready. I dare speculate that the majority of problems on the D3 are due to apps that aren't Gingerbread-ready being installed on them.

Android 101: An app that isn't 100% compatible with a phone's OS version will make the phone go haywire (no disrespect intended)... :)

I suspect that these particular problems will go away as more and more apps become Gingerbread-ready... What I don't understand is why Google doesn't make it mandatory for devs to list what version(s) of Android that their app is compatible with in the descriptions so that problems of this nature can be avoided...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I suspect that you install an app that isn't Gingerbread-ready. I dare speculate that the majority of problems on the D3 are due to apps that aren't Gingerbread-ready being installed on them.

Android 101: An app that isn't 100% compatible with a phone's OS version will make the phone go haywire (no disrespect intended)... :)

I suspect that these particular problems will go away as more and more apps become Gingerbread-ready... What I don't understand is why Google doesn't make it mandatory for devs to list what version(s) of Android that their app is compatible with in the descriptions so that problems of this nature can be avoided...

These non-Gingerbread-ready apps are causing problems that a factory reset doesn't solve?

akhi216

Reaction score

These non-Gingerbread-ready apps are causing problems that a factory reset doesn't solve?

A factory reset will solve the problems, but if the app is reinstalled one will have the problems again.

OP
S

superkeest

Reaction score

A factory reset will solve the problems, but if the app is reinstalled one will have the problems again.

The phone is unable to factory reset, i've tried it multiple times. I uninstalled all apps, factory reset, reboot, everything is just the same, and all apps that i just deleted are still there. NOT re-downloaded, they are just already there. and the wierdest thing is no matter what it always reboots in airplane mode. Even got into a boot loop last night, I was trying to read an email, and of course the phone rebooted, got to the red eye, froze said DROOOIIID, red eye freeze DROOOIID, redeye freeze.... let it do that for about 10 iterations, and finally pulled the battery, rebooted into welcome to android, skipped it all everything was fine, well except gmail , facebook, apps i am not even using all force closing, and then the home screen force closing. if i try really hard, i can get the browser to work for a while, i usually have to start it like 10 times before it wont force close.

akhi216

Reaction score

The phone is unable to factory reset, i've tried it multiple times. I uninstalled all apps, factory reset, reboot, everything is just the same, and all apps that i just deleted are still there. NOT re-downloaded, they are just already there. and the wierdest thing is no matter what it always reboots in airplane mode. Even got into a boot loop last night, I was trying to read an email, and of course the phone rebooted, got to the red eye, froze said DROOOIIID, red eye freeze DROOOIID, redeye freeze.... let it do that for about 10 iterations, and finally pulled the battery, rebooted into welcome to android, skipped it all everything was fine, well except gmail , facebook, apps i am not even using all force closing, and then the home screen force closing. if i try really hard, i can get the browser to work for a while, i usually have to start it like 10 times before it wont force close.

Sounds like the problem that Adobe warned about... Did you update your Flash Player? Adobe always releases security update for the Flash Player. After one particular update, Adobe urged everyone to upgrade their Flash Player due to a security flaw that made it possible for a person's whole phone to be taken over...

Then again, it could be Google's fault for letting malware be on the market. I read that hackers were starting to target Android devices about a month ago on a news feed...

It could be possible that an app that isn't Gingerbread-ready could've messed up your D3 I suppose; do you by any chance remember which apps you installed?

akhi216

Reaction score
Also, does the phone get hot?

OP
S

superkeest

Reaction score
Also, does the phone get hot?

does not get hot, and i do have flash 10.3, which does need update right now. However there is no root exploit for droid 3 yet, so if people were able to get malware on there, we would have root. which we do not. I just updated flash too.

OP
S

superkeest

Reaction score
i also, as i said, removed all apps from the phone, but then when it decides to reboot on its own everything is back