front camera force close

tiger27

Reaction score
Okay, so my front camera on my Droid3 just stopped working? I switch camera modes from back camera to front camera and it doesn't do anything. There's a black screen with a shutter button, zoom button, and all that good stuff but when I try to go to the menu or hit the shutter button, it just force closes. I've tried the Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Camera > Clear cache/history, but that didn't fix it. Also, the apps I have downloaded are Angry Birds, Alchemy, and Poynt. I was playing around with my phone yesterday and the front camera came on for a second then force closed and I haven't had any luck with it since. Oh yeah, reboot didn't work either. Help!!!

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Are you using the default camera app? Have you tried another camera app?

Did you pull the battery or just power down? Pulling the battery helps quite a bit for some of these weird issues.

If neither of those help you, try a hard reset without syncing the apps.

tuxdude98

Reaction score
Okay, so my front camera on my Droid3 just stopped working? I switch camera modes from back camera to front camera and it doesn't do anything. There's a black screen with a shutter button, zoom button, and all that good stuff but when I try to go to the menu or hit the shutter button, it just force closes. I've tried the Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Camera > Clear cache/history, but that didn't fix it. Also, the apps I have downloaded are Angry Birds, Alchemy, and Poynt. I was playing around with my phone yesterday and the front camera came on for a second then force closed and I haven't had any luck with it since. Oh yeah, reboot didn't work either. Help!!!

I had this same issue, I ended up calling verizon, I had the same exact issue you did, I told them the issue I was having, the level 2 tech told me that the issue is due to a documented bug in the OTA, they offered to ship me out a new one that worked, so I've got my new shiny D3 with a working FFC again. Hope this helps :)