Droid 3 making calls when charging... & wifi showing but not working away from home

rktechman

Reaction score
dancedroid
I'm new here & the Android world.... In a nutshell my Droid 3 is having two issues...
1st issue is that the droid 3 is calling a contact when it's plugged in for charging. It did it about 30 minutes after plugging in & this morning i woke up 4 minutes after it had called 911. I had to explain to 911 that my phone made the call....You can imagine what they were thinking??? No, i'm not touching it...it's just calling out. I did look at my settings to see if they're is one for this & couldn't find anything that got close. I did notice that the 911 call wasn't recorded, but the other call that was made 2 nights ago to a contact was recorded as a outgoing call....Any ideas out there???
2nd issue is my apps work great on my wiifi at home, but when i go to Church they aren't working. I've saved the Churches wifi & it's an open wifi. Others around me are telling me they aren't having problems... any ideas to why mine is???
Lastly, remember i'm new to android & will appreciate answers with explanations. Thanks for reading my post & just maybe solving my issues...

:hail: Newbee :hail:

doogald

Reaction score
If you are not using the stock charger cable, that may explain the phantom calls. I've read about chargers that can affect phone function. If you cannot get a stock charger or a charger that works well (for example, I have an Amazon Kindle, and the Kindle charger and cable work fine with my D3), I'd suggest turning on airplane mode before you plug it in to charge.

WiFi is a tough nut to crack. I'd long-press the saved church wifi access point in settings->wireless & networks->wifi settings->manage networks and tell it to forget the network and see if that helps. You also may want to get the app Wi-Fi Analytics from the Play Store to see if that tells you anything about WiFi at church. Maybe that will tell you something about signal strength or something.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinapps.amped&hl=en

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm with doogald. Your issue might be your charging cable. I'm using a Kodak camera cable, but it works just fine for me. No issues. You could try using a different one to see if your problem continues. As for Wifi, not really sure. Follow doogald's link and instructions to see if that'll work for you.