Droid 3 behind battery cover

jons

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can tell me when battery cover is removed at the top of the back of the phone there is a black adhesive tape and there is a circuit board attached to it. Mine has came loose and was damaged can anyone tell me what this is for and if its replaceable. The circuit is in the tape and starts in about the middle top and goes to the right corner and down the right side about 1 inch. Thanks

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can tell me when battery cover is removed at the top of the back of the phone there is a black adhesive tape and there is a circuit board attached to it. Mine has came loose and was damaged can anyone tell me what this is for and if its replaceable. The circuit is in the tape and starts in about the middle top and goes to the right corner and down the right side about 1 inch. Thanks

I am curious if you bought this phone used or if it is a refurb/replacement? Reason I ask is there is nothing on my phone matching your description so I am assuming that the previous owner installed one of those things that is supposed to help you get a better signal. They are typically installed under the battery cover and generally speaking, phone manufacturers do not mount circuits with tape. If this entire circuit is attached to the tape and does not seem to be actually routed into the phone, than that is in fact what it is and you can feel free to remove it and trash it.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk