Need to RECOVER INTERNAL MEMORY on dead Droid 3. Please Help!!!

studentbridges23

Reaction score
My D3 has lasted maybe two weeks before completely shutting off, then getting warm as it seemed to completely drain the battery. Only after the battery is completely dead, and it has been removed for over an HOUR, that MAYBE it can turn on by plugging it into a charger. Even then, it only goes up to 20 or 30%, and then shuts off again, gets real warm, drains the battery, etc.

ISSUE: I have voice recordings that I NEED, that are saved on the internal memory by tape-a-talk.... Does anyone know how to go about recovering that data? Would motorola be interested in doing that for me? I can't get it to come on at all right now but if I do, the most I can do is get it into the bootloader.

This unit has no water damage, or anything, it just simply started bootlooping when I was sending a text, and then finally didn't come on at all. If ANYONE could offer any suggestions besides "Ha! your screwed!" would be greatly appreciated :)

I have a new droid 3 on the way, these recordings are VERY important to me, but I don't have cash just laying around.. Is the internal memory embedded into the board? Is it possible to move it to the new droid? Help me brainstorm here people :) Thanks!!!!!

rvcjew

Reaction score
yeah if you can get into the boot loader you can try to adb into it. did you ever root it? also sounds like a bad battery id take it to a verizon store and see f they would let u borrow a batt right there in the store to get your data off, or replace your battery. im on skype if you want help.