Droid 2 User Guide leaked

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Droid 2 should be hitting Verizon shelves sometime in August, and though it has yet to be officially announced, information continues to leak. And today, we have for you Verizon's official Droid 2 User Guide for your viewing pleasure.

Download the full guide here: Megaupload

Although most of the information about the Droid 2 is already known, it is nice to see in print, officially. For instance, the Droid 2 again is confirmed to ship with Android 2.2 (and Blur). And pre-loaded with the Droid 2, you will be getting Swype.

Last but not least, here's a bit of proof that the Droid 2 will be running Android 2.2. As you can see, the screenshot below includes FroYo's Google Search:

ftge9x.jpg

So will the Motorola Droid 2 be replacing anyone's Droid 1? Or will you be waiting for that mysterious Droid Pro?

Source: Droid-Life

acheron9865

Reaction score
First!!!
im still holding on to my droid one for now, really anxious for the later part of the year dancedroid

LT*

Reaction score
I'm holding on to my Droid for now, but my wife is up for the early upgrade until 8/31, so this may be her new phone.

Chrisace89

Reaction score
yeah im going to hold onto my original droid and wait and see what comes out around november.

LatinaC09

Reaction score
will be holding on to my moto droid till winter, maybe even spring...that is if I don't somehow get to upgrade early.

Reaction score
I'm not eligible for upgrades for awhile so I'll be holding on to my Droid 1. I really want another "Google Experience" phone so the carrier doesn't jack with it too much, but I don't have much hope for that.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
In a word, NO!

Even if I were eligible for a FREE upgrade before January 2012 I wouldn't be interested. I don't want MotoBlur, SenseUI, a locked bootloader, unknown Rooting capability, and the rest of the laundry list I have as to why I wouldn't.

Cool phone, though.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Like everyone else i'll stay with the d1 well unless the phone goes missing. Crossing fingers for the "pro"!

Donsell

Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling that the keyboard layout is a step backwards? Still no dedicated numeric row, and alt/shift only on the left?

I'll keep my D1 for now too.

mottling

Reaction score
Does this mean Swype will be available for all Android devices soon?

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
In a word, NO!

Even if I were eligible for a FREE upgrade before January 2012 I wouldn't be interested. I don't want MotoBlur, SenseUI, a locked bootloader, unknown Rooting capability, and the rest of the laundry list I have as to why I wouldn't.

Cool phone, though.

+1. I love being able to change the theme of my phone and install custom roms. The droid was my first smart phone. After experiencing all that your can do with it I don't think I could go back to having a regular locked down phone. Also I spent money on the car dock!