Droid 2 sent out old texts on it's own???

dyingtolive15

Reaction score
So today my Droid 2 randomly sent out a bunch of old text messages to about 8 contacts. They were texts I sent from the last week and some people received about 5 at once, others just got 1.

I have no idea why it did this. Sometimes I don't have great service in class, but my messages go thru. The texts were sent from different places also.

I use Handcent SMS fyi.

I am really clueless on this one, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

chelsea

Reaction score
my phone has been doing the same thing and its so annoying! really hope someone knows how to fix it..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Cloppy

Reaction score
It might be the Handcent SMS app. I use google voice myself and have not run into that problem. uninstalling the app and reinstalling may help

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My girlfriend's D2 does it too! Her's is after she reboots the phone. I was thinking that Handcent may be the culprit but I'm not sure.

dstonier

Reaction score
I experienced the same with my original Droid. (A855) after a phone reboot. I use handcent SMS as well.

Can anyone attest to this.happening without a reboot? Definitely annoying even on a reboot, but just curious.

Dstones

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Mine never did it on a reboot but I can verify that when I had handcent it would send AND recieve duplicate texts. Switched to chomp sms and it hasnt happened since.

Omega384

Reaction score
Im a D1 owner, with Handcent (Like most of you), and about a month ago I went into an area with no service, and when I came out my phone sent day, week, and even month old texts to a majority of my contacts I had threads with, some receiving more than others (As many of you have also reported). Now since then every time I reboot my phone if I have threads in my Handcent, all they people will get spammed with old texts. This is extremely annoying, and in some cases pretty disturbing seeing as some texts I send I only intend on that person seeing once (i.e argument, or drunk texts lol). I suppose the only way for it to end is to constantly delete your message threads, or delete Handcent, which as a Verizon customer I cant really see living without Handcent. Anybody have any other suggestions??

dstonier

Reaction score
Totally hear you on the inconvenience of that happening with drunk texts and arguments.... been there.. lol. I switched to Chomp SMS. pretty similar really, only gripe about it so far is that it only has the option to do a blinking LED, no solid LED for notifications. The solid LED is much more convenient in my opinion.

dstones

Sparkimus

Reaction score
The past few updates for Hancent have been so buggy for me I switched back to the stock SMS app. The only thing I missed was the popup, but I used the amazing app Tasker to set up a popup with reply with the stock sms app.

Sent from my Droid

rapidscout

Reaction score
My R2D2 has been resending messages on almost every reboot. Last time it about froze it was sending so many, so I turned it back off, rebooted and immediately set it to airplane mode. Deleted all the messages and turned off the airplane mode. It didn't send then! But it was a pain. I believe I'm just using the stock sms though, still new to this so I'm not sure.