Recovering Text Messages

ruboxxx

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2, well just recently I dropped it in the toilet and I heard it sizzling and I immediately knew that my phone was toast. Well I went up to Verizon and got a brand new phone, but the problem I'm having is I'm trying to access the text messages on my old phone, because I'm currently in need of them. I have contacted Verizon about receiving a copy of my text messages in the past month, but they refuse to release that information to me. The reason why I ask is I'm trying to find someway to access those text messages on my old phone, but the phone will not turn on at all. I figure I can't do anything about it and that the matter is in Verizon hands now.

The reason why I mention all this is the text messages are a serious matter as I'm about to go thru a lawsuit against my former boss and the proof that I have on her is actually in those text messages. I brought it to a lawyers attention because apparently Verizon won't let go of that information unless a lawyer is involved. So I'm just wondering is there in fact a way to get those texts off my old phone, like maybe go into the internal memory somehow and retrieve them even if the phone does not turn on? Thanks for any advice!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get a lawyer to subpoena them...

OP
R

ruboxxx

Reaction score
I'm looking more into the matter as we speak, one thing that came to mind was that I had my memory card installed on my old phone, well when I got my new phone my memory card did not get damaged in the process, so I put it in my new phone, and it came to mind that there still might be a way to access the text thru that, but I'm not sure that the card itself stored the messages or if it was my phone? I think it's retarded that Verizon refuses to release the information to me, as it's my property and I should be able to receive a copy without having to get a subpeona, but I guess if it's going to come down to that, I have to do what I have to do.

pool_shark

Reaction score
For future reference, if you have text messages that are that important to you just email them to yourself.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm looking more into the matter as we speak, one thing that came to mind was that I had my memory card installed on my old phone, well when I got my new phone my memory card did not get damaged in the process, so I put it in my new phone, and it came to mind that there still might be a way to access the text thru that, but I'm not sure that the card itself stored the messages or if it was my phone? I think it's retarded that Verizon refuses to release the information to me, as it's my property and I should be able to receive a copy without having to get a subpeona, but I guess if it's going to come down to that, I have to do what I have to do.

The messages are not your property. They are stored on VZW's network, therefore it's their property. Either way, you better speak to your attorney quick, because they're not stored very long.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
The messages are not your property. They are stored on VZW's network, therefore it's their property. Either way, you better speak to your attorney quick, because they're not stored very long.

Id argue against that logic. You're paying verizon to handle your communication services. That's like saying the U.S. postal service has ownership over your mail. Does the U.S. postal service have ownership of your mail?

pool_shark

Reaction score

Id argue against that logic. You're paying verizon to handle your communication services. That's like saying the U.S. postal service has ownership over your mail. Does the U.S. postal service have ownership of your mail?

If the other poster is wrong, why won't Verizon release the messages to the device owner?

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Here's a gadget for $150 that can recover your text messages
SIM Card Reader Can Read Deleted Text Messages On Your Cell Phone - Geekologie

Did you even read the OP? His phone is destroyed. He can't just insert a gadget and recovered deleted stuff :/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
My bad. I was thinking memory card. Found the link in a search for another thread where the exact same thing happened to another person. Seemed odd to me. I know I read the story months ago; dropped phone in toilet, need text messages for my lawyer. Wondered if it was just a hoax. Sorry to have wasted your time. Yes, I did read the OP. Did you believe the OP?

maxnicks

Reaction score
Ask the phone company if you can have the. 2 mem sticks back. Possibly find what you need from there. I have an OG Droid that I experiment on. I may be able to help. PM me if you'd like.

Sent from my DROID2 AI

garne2t

Reaction score
Verizon stores for 5 days only

I agree with earlier poster that it is ridiculous that you need a subpoena to get access to your own messages. What is our country coming to? It's being run by lawyers and it often seems rules are in place to ensure they have plenty of work to do!

I spoke to Verizon and they said they only store 5 days worth of text messages on their servers.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Delete.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk