Text Messaging R2-D2

hradek422

Reaction score
Okay, I'm completely at a loss for what I need to do. Here's my situation:

I have Handcent SMS, because that's the program I like to use for texting. It works GREAT. However, there are some people, that my phone will absolutely NOT send a text message to. I know those people have text messaging, I know they haven't blacklisted me, and I have unlimited texting, so this should NOT be an issue. This started about a month or two ago. I was un-rooted at the time.

About a week ago, it was upsetting me. My phone was also noticeably slower, and I went in to running processes, and realized most of my phone's memory was being eaten by bloatware. Thus, I rooted my phone, got rid of as much bloatware as I could, and tried again. This still hasn't fixed the issue.

Then I thought "Maybe if I try sending a text from the stock messaging program it will go through." No dice yet again. I'm a split second away from doing a factory reset and starting from scratch. I hate to do that, but I am running out of options.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm willing to try anything to get this working again without having to reset to stock