Droid 2 not receiving text messages

SillyxDino

Reaction score
I recently got a D2 to replace my old Env Touch. After activating it and spending some time with it I fell in love with the phone. I didnt have any problems with the browser or social networking, but for some reason at random times my phone would stop receiving texts. I'm a huge texter and social network user, and felt crippled by not being able to receive texts, especially since it's my number one way of communicating. Is there a phone issue or is this on Verizons side? Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Are you using a replacement like handcent or chomp, or ar you using the stock messenger?

OP
S

SillyxDino

Reaction score
I was originally using the stock, but I did download handcent. I also called *228 option 2. I kept using it normally for the rest of the day and it seemed to have been fixed. However, it did stop again for about 5 to 10 minutes and that was the only time for that day.

Taegost

Reaction score
You may have issues with texts to/from smaller carriers like MetroPCS, but the problem you're describing is what I was having with the stock messaging app on my D1, and the reason I switched to Handcent.
One other thing that could be causing it: How often do you reboot your Droid? If I don't reboot at least every 2-3 days funky things start happening, like issues with text messages.

OP
S

SillyxDino

Reaction score
Oh okay. Thanks for the help. I'll start to reboot my phone more often and maybe that will solve it all. And I know it's not the carrier problem because the person I text the most and notices the drop off the most is on Verizon as well, but I will try the reboot thing and hopefully this works. Thanks.

jeagolf

Reaction score
My wife's Droid 2 is having the SAME issue. At first it was she was getting DUPLICATES of the text. I had installed Handcent on her phone cause she liked it better than the stock text app. But when she was getting 3-9 of the SAME message I tried the following.
1. Reboot
2. Uninstall, reenstall
3. Unistall period.

Now she is NOT getting all her text. Or sometimes she will get them WAY late. Sitting in our living room I sent her a text, and 10 minutes later she got it. In some cases it has been the next day.

As the resident household tech support dude I am getting serious complaints from the managment! :)

Reaction score
I would sometimes receive no texts for a day, or miss random texts, or send texts that showed up 2 days later, etc etc.. I SBFd and am good now.

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
I would sometimes receive no texts for a day, or miss random texts, or send texts that showed up 2 days later, etc etc.. I SBFd and am good now.

I am having the same problem on my D1 and was looking for a solution. When you said I SPFd and I'm good now? Could you elaberate a little bit?
I am some what familar with SBF but need a little more information. Is the SBF the original rom that comes stock on the droid and you just flash it like any other ROM? If so, is the SBF easy to find? I could be completely wrong but any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to fix this problem of not receiving texts.

Reaction score
I don't know anything about your OG droid, but I found this in the droid forum, it should help.

Yes, the SBF is essentially the file that Motorola writes to each phone before it leaves their factory. You don't flash it like any other ROM, though, you use a program called RSD Lite. Everything's explained in that link.

OP
S

SillyxDino

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been very busy with school work. But I have been restarting my phone more often and it has seemed to work. I am still using handcent over the stock messaging and I can't complain. Thank you all for your help.