Droid 2 screen keeps waking - how to stop

PAR555

Reaction score
Is there a way to prevent the phone from waking by sliding open the keyboard? My droid 2 has been acting kinda funky lately and the sensor will randomly trip out. My phone will randomly turn itself on throughout the day and it has been taking a huge toll on my battery life. I could have the phone closed and resting on a table with nothing touching it and the screen will still randomly turn on.

Other times when I'm using the phone it'll switch between portrait and landscape mode. It's like the phone can't tell if it's open or closed when it is closed. If I leave the keyboard open the phone will stay in landscape. So I'm pretty sure all my problems stem from something being wrong with my sensor.

Is there any way to prevent the phone from waking because of the keyboard sensor? Is there an app or some type of script I could run that could prevent this?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
It is difficult for me to know if you have a problem or not. My D2 turns on when I slide out the keyboard but I can turn it off with the power button while the keyboard is pulled out; although, I do not know why I would do that on purpose. As far as landscape when the keyboard is out, that is the way the phone is designed to work.

If on a table and off, the only way mine comes on is when I get a text message and that is a problem because it stays on and runs the battery down, if I am sleeping when the message comes in.

Over the year I have had mine, I have seen it come on for no reason at times but not to the point that I consider it a problem. I just assume the phone is doing something that I do not know about.

Most of my problems come when the thing is in my pocket. Music or one of my audio books will start playing. I have discovered you can cause this to happen on purpose if you touch the volume or camera keys. So I guess, somehow, I activate one of these keys while in my pocket.

I know I did not answer your question or solve your problem with this. You are just not alone, but overall I do not have the problem enough times to really bother me or think there is a problem with the phone.

OP
P

PAR555

Reaction score
There must be a couple of smart people here with Driod 2's who can think of how to stop this odd behavior ... ?