How to disable wake when slide is opened

kneeknow

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop the keyboard from waking the phone(Droid 2)? I have not found an app and support says no.

Searched the forums here a little bit and just got back from moto support which had no answer other then factory reset....

While at work moving around the keyboard will open slightly in my pocket, causing my phone to wake. I have a pin on, but it will go to the Emergency call and dial numbers. Or worse I will have just used the phone and it will go into the phone, moving all kinds of things around.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Not sure I fully understand the issue. Have you tried a cache wipe? Even More drastic, a data reset?

Sent from my DE Moto X

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Not sure I fully understand the issue. Have you tried a cache wipe? Even More drastic, a data reset?

Sent from my DE Moto X

No he's saying in his pocket his phone is sliding open slightly and waking up. I don't have the D2, does it have a "pocket recognition" setting? I know my D3 had this, but never used it. Could solve your problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

OP
K

kneeknow

Reaction score
No he's saying in his pocket his phone is sliding open slightly and waking up. I don't have the D2, does it have a "pocket recognition" setting? I know my D3 had this, but never used it. Could solve your problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

Don't think i have seen that setting, searching though and for an app that might do the same. Thanks.

DroidDryad

Reaction score
Hi kneeknow, this solved the problem with my Droid for $3 (and protects my display)

Item 460072282072 or search for: PULL TAB LEATHER CASE COVER (MOTOROLA,DROID) (A955,A956)

Is there any way to stop the keyboard from waking the phone(Droid 2)? I have not found an app and support says no.

Searched the forums here a little bit and just got back from moto support which had no answer other then factory reset....

While at work moving around the keyboard will open slightly in my pocket, causing my phone to wake. I have a pin on, but it will go to the Emergency call and dial numbers. Or worse I will have just used the phone and it will go into the phone, moving all kinds of things around.