I Don't Want My Screen Turning On When It Slides Open In My Pocket!

neccoguy21

Reaction score
:mad::motdroidhoriz::mad: Is there any way to disable the screen turning on with the slide out keyboard? I don't want the phone waking up if the keyboard slide moves. The only time I'm using that is when the phone is already unlocked and I'm actually using the phone. If my Moto Droid is locked, It's going in my pocket and staying locked. I just so happen to keep it in my right pocket, so the slightest nudge will turn the screen on, and i sometimes keep my phone unlocked, therefore i start hitting buttons and changing settings while the whole time the droid has was supposed to avoid that. Again, I simply want the lock/unlock/power button to be the ONLY thing that turns the screen back on once it has turned off. Please help, i can't find a solution anywhere, and I'm someone who can find this kind of crap out.

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
:mad::motdroidhoriz::mad: Is there any way to disable the screen turning on with the slide out keyboard? I don't want the phone waking up if the keyboard slide moves. The only time I'm using that is when the phone is already unlocked and I'm actually using the phone. If my Moto Droid is locked, It's going in my pocket and staying locked. I just so happen to keep it in my right pocket, so the slightest nudge will turn the screen on, and i sometimes keep my phone unlocked, therefore i start hitting buttons and changing settings while the whole time the droid has was supposed to avoid that. Again, I simply want the lock/unlock/power button to be the ONLY thing that turns the screen back on once it has turned off. Please help, i can't find a solution anywhere, and I'm someone who can find this kind of crap out.

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score

lmapp

Reaction score
If this has actually happened to you I think you have a defective phone. Sliding the keyboard open does not unlock the phone...you still have to swipe it. The screen will light up momentarily so you can unlock it, but it times out pretty quick.

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
I guess i didn't specify clearly enough, i use an app when im at home and work that keeps the phone unlocked and bypasses the unlock screen. im a total power user and keep the screen on for 2 min. minimum if not all the time, and keep the screen from locking. i need my phones apps instantaneously for what i do as a radio dj. but sometimes i forget to turn all those options back off for normal use and i just hit the lock button on top and drop it im my pocket. therefore if I forget to turn those options off, my screen turns on and stays on in my pocket pressing buttons and changing options if the slide keyboard is opened. i want the option to keep the screen from turning on, even for that split second that normally goes off. because my phone (for all the right reasons) wont show an unlock screen and wont turn off quickly.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
There's an app on the market called MyLock. It's main purpose is to eliminate the lock screen, but I think there's another feature where it can eliminate the phone waking up from sliding the keyboard.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
If you can find a solution you'll probably be the first. This question has been asked many times but I've never seen a solution.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This will sound really silly, but for me, I keep mine in my left pocket, and my habit is to put it in as it is held in my hand when I'm using it - i.e. screen toward leg and top of phone towards ground. Well however I move, sit, walk, whatever, kept pushing it open ever so slightly and having that exact problem. So all I do now is try and remember to put it in my pocket the opposite way - the opposite of however my body is naturally pushing it. So now I make sure and put it in screen out, bottom towards ground.

Like I said, silly, but I haven't had the problem any more. Of course, that's all based on the presumption that the same body movements are causing the problem each time! How's that for some over-analysis of the situation. :icon_eek:

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
This will sound really silly, but for me, I keep mine in my left pocket, and my habit is to put it in as it is held in my hand when I'm using it - i.e. screen toward leg and top of phone towards ground. Well however I move, sit, walk, whatever, kept pushing it open ever so slightly and having that exact problem. So all I do now is try and remember to put it in my pocket the opposite way - the opposite of however my body is naturally pushing it. So now I make sure and put it in screen out, bottom towards ground.

Like I said, silly, but I haven't had the problem any more. Of course, that's all based on the presumption that the same body movements are causing the problem each time! How's that for some over-analysis of the situation. :icon_eek:
That's a really friggin smart idea. I didn't even think of that. I knew the phone was designed to go in the left pocket face up, but I (since the begining of time) have always had my phone in my right pocket face up. Guess ill have to get used to face down. This is all of course presumed with the face in... whoever puts their beautiful droid in their pocket face out is foolish.

"Laces out..."

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

edit: to remove offensive last word

Last edited by a moderator:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good idea on changing how the phone is in your pocket.

I also know some phones slide open easier than others. Those who have removed the sticker on the back piece sometimes have their phone open easier. I don't know if anyone has tried to put a layer of tape or a replacement sticker to make the gap thicker, thus harder to slide and less likely to pop open.