Droid 2 Owners, What's your old phone?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that have upgraded to the Droid 2, what was your previous phone?

wildride89

Reaction score
I was going between the casio g'zone and the palm treo755 the palm was horrible but going from those to d2 is like smoke signaling to satellite uplinks

Kamokazi

Reaction score
HTC Touch Pro 2

Seeing as how I owned the best Windows Mobile phone ever made, and that they were ever going to make, it was time to switch OSes. Because Windows Phone 7 is looking to be almost as locked-down and closed as the iPhone.

ripsting

Reaction score
I came from the Samsung Omnia - a Windows Mobile 6.1 device. I enjoyed uploading custom ROMs to it, but nothing could compensate for the laggy resistive touchscreen and the fact that hardly any apps were available for the dying winmo architecture.

I used Swype on my Omnia, and maybe it was because of the smaller 3.2 inch screen or the slow processor, but I would spend more time correcting mistakes than actually typing them. For instance, if I tried to type "for" it would put "fur" in it's place. It got really aggravating, so I'm looking forward to the physical keyboard of the Droid 2. That, and the softkeyboard literally took up about 40% of the screen's real estate.

I watched some videos on using navigation on the Droid 2 and from the moment you say "navigate to" to when it's directing you is less than 10 seconds. On the Omnia I used iG08 navigator, and while it was feature rich, it took about 45 seconds to load, and then getting a GPS signal took at least another minute or two. I think I'm really going to like Android...

The Droid Pro sounds really intriguing, but I simply can't wait that long to get away from the Omnia.

bandit82ta

Reaction score
My current phone until the Fedex person shows up at my doorstep is the LG Dare. A good phone that has served me well. The Droid 2 will just make cal/tasks/goog voice and web much easier tho.

Lucidpsychosis

Reaction score
I will be upgrading from the first Blackberry Storm. Theoretically, it was such a great phone, but in practice, it was a terrible phone.