Work is moving to the Droid 2!

wojtalsd

Reaction score
Well work has decided to replace our Samsung POS flip phones with the Droid 2! As being an owner of the Original Droid for my personal phone, which I LOVE!

Anyone out there that has had the OG Droid what are your experiences switching to this phone? What should I expect? We are getting this phone this Monday.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My work is also a Samsung flip phone - and it is on at&t :(

...all I can say is you are lucky :)

OP
wojtalsd

wojtalsd

Reaction score
My work is also a Samsung flip phone - and it is on at&t :(

...all I can say is you are lucky :)

Yeah, I was surprised getting the email to change it out. LOL Samsung sch-u640 One of those phones if you buy one they probably give you 20 free! Ha!

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Well from my experience from owning both phones you should be very pleased with your transition all the speed you could need is there on the Droid 2 being that's it was twice as fast as the OGD Stock! So yea Happy Droiding

Sent from my DROID2 using

OP
wojtalsd

wojtalsd

Reaction score
Well from my experience from owning both phones you should be very pleased with your transition all the speed you could need is there on the Droid 2 being that's it was twice as fast as the OGD Stock! So yea Happy Droiding

I know my main wish is to still have my ChevyNo1 Rom/Kernel fix! lol

OP
wojtalsd

wojtalsd

Reaction score
Well nevermind... Turns out it is going to be a droidpro. Not too happy about it. Not digging the blackberry like look. :(

patchm00

Reaction score
Well work has decided to replace our Samsung POS flip phones with the Droid 2! As being an owner of the Original Droid for my personal phone, which I LOVE!

Anyone out there that has had the OG Droid what are your experiences switching to this phone? What should I expect? We are getting this phone this Monday.

I went from OG Droid to Droid 2 about 3 months ago (replacement) and have loved it. Of course you wont have some of the ROMS due to the locking kernel but you have overclocking, fast ROMS such as FISSION and themes.

Now for your users, they may find the motoblur slow and tedious (i doubt your work will authorize rooting on all the phones :)) and that may be a problem. I think they finally fixed D2 motoblur email so it syncs correctly and some other things so should be ok.

Taegost

Reaction score

I know my main wish is to still have my ChevyNo1 Rom/Kernel fix! lol

From the voice of experience: if you use Titanium Backup, do *NOT* restore *ANY* of the System Data or it'll corrupt the mySQL DB on the backend and cause weird things to happen with your calendar, text, and e-mail messages.
Actually, I can't say "any", I restored the WiFi and Bluetooth settings from my D1 running ChevyNo1 and it didn't corrupt anything.