Droid 2 Otterbox

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has already been answered. I was curious if there is any idea of when the Droid 2 Otterbox is going to be released? From what I read, people seem to prefer Otterbox over any other case. My brother had one for his Iphone and he said he really liked it. I went to their site and it says "This item is coming soon". How soon is "soon"?

If it isn't anytime soon, are there any alternatives anyone could suggest?

Thanks for any input. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas :)

arrjaytea

Reaction score
The stock Otterbox response has been either "We'll have some news for you in the next few weeks" or "We hope to have some exciting news to announce next week" for roughly the last four to five months.

It's anyone's guess at this point. Soon, hopefully.

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score
That is disappointing. Why would they leave us in the dark like that? Don't they realize that if they released it most of us would but it instantly? I'm more disappointed in the fact that I went to my Verizon store and asked them if they had any and the lady said "I think we do let me go check". Then she came out and said "sorry we only carry them for the Droid X". Why would they release it for the DX but not the D2? Oh well...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

arrjaytea

Reaction score
That is disappointing. Why would they leave us in the dark like that? Don't they realize that if they released it most of us would but it instantly? I'm more disappointed in the fact that I went to my Verizon store and asked them if they had any and the lady said "I think we do let me go check". Then she came out and said "sorry we only carry them for the Droid X". Why would they release it for the DX but not the D2? Oh well...

I think you might be misunderstanding. They are in fact releasing one, but haven't really provided any clear indication as to when it may be available.

The DX was also out first and largely, and for lack of a better term, a Verizon Droid "Flagship" phone.

It's just unfortunate the D2's release hasn't been as prompt, and there's been such little information, but it shouldn't be too long. I'm sure they'd have preferred to get it out by the Holidays.

Rsswga

Reaction score
probably because the droid 1 otter box cases suck donkey balls....I woukdnt take another one if they gave me one ...droid 2 cases would be doing the same as droid 1 cases

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score
Oh ok my bad. Guess I did misunderstand like you said lol. I hope they release it soon

arrjaytea

Reaction score
probably because the droid 1 otter box cases suck donkey balls....I woukdnt take another one if they gave me one ...droid 2 cases would be doing the same as droid 1 cases

Care to expand? I've really only heard positive things, even about the "Commuter" series cases (which will obviously be the only one available for the D2).

I'd really prefer not to wait nor waste the money if it's rubbish.

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score
I would like to know as well. I've generally read good reviews about them.

Rsswga

Reaction score

Care to expand? I've really only heard positive things, even about the "Commuter" series cases (which will obviously be the only one available for the D2).

I broke 2 commuter cases for droid 1 in a week...bad design ..maybe they will get it right for the droid 2..
my opinion there junk..

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score

I broke 2 commuter cases for droid 1 in a week...bad design ..maybe they will get it right for the droid 2..
my opinion there junk..

What did you do to break them though? Dropped them a lot? I mean they are suppose to be able to take a beating but they aren't invincible

Rsswga

Reaction score
never was dropped ..bottom corners broke and top piece just break in the middle....never even put them in my pocket, dropped etc

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score
Oh ok. Hmmm. Maybe that is something they will fix for the D2 version. Surely they got complaints so maybe they'll fix it

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score
never was dropped ..bottom corners broke and top piece just break in the middle....never even put them in my pocket, dropped etc

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Just read a review on their site that supports this. Hopefully they fix it with the D2. I don't want to spend $35 on it if it is just going to break after a couple weeks

tiesto

Reaction score
Anybody get an OtterBox yet? Im nervous it will separate the slider...dont want to spend the money without getting somebody's thoughts on it. Thanks.