My thoughts on Siedio Active Case

grimloktt

Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on the Seidio Active Case. I'll try to get/post pictures soon...

Pros: Holster, drop protection

Con: Slippery, a "little" more bulky

For a number of months, I owned the first generation Droid. That was protected using an Otterbox Case. I decided to opt for the Seidio case for my Droid 2 Global.

Design: The construction of the active case is very similar to the Otterbox in that it has a rubbery inner protection layer. Where the cases differ is in the outer shell. The Seidio has, what appears to be, a more pliable, forgiving outer case--which would appear to perform better than the Otterbox should I accidentally drop my phone. The Otterbox and Seidio case both have a solid/exact fit and cause no drag when opening my keboard. Overall Win: Seidio

Feel: Maybe I'll get more accustomed; however, the case's outer material also makes it feel a little slippery in my hands. I was surprised at this. I was under the impression Seidio case would provide more grip versus my smooth plastic, rubbery edged Otterbox. Win: Otterbox

Holster: The holster provides a stable place to hold your phone. Once you snap it onto your belt (or before if you'd like), you can rotate the phone your preferred angle. Once you place it at the angle of choosing, it's pretty much locked there and won't rotate without your knowledge. The clip to lift to take out/put your phone in works well and doesn't still out too far as to push clothing out making a weird scene by your phone. ;) Furthermore, earbud wire plug-in should not be impeded by the case. With the phone's back pointing away from your body, you could easily put on Pandora, etc. while walking the dogs or out and about and listen to music openly...if so choosen. Since Otterbox failed by not making a holster, this win is easy. Win: Seidio

Customer Service: I ordered the case online, the case shipped the next day and arrived shortly thereafter. No problems here...

Conclusion: Overall, I'm happy with my decision to go Seidio. The case's material appears to be more protective than the Otterbox--should I accidentally drop it. The case is more slippery and awkward to hold than the Otterbox. (Doesn't look as classy, either--if that's important to you.) The holster is what really won my sale. The ability to clip it onto the belt and go on your way.

Seidio appears to be a good company. They were responsive to my e-mailed questions and quickly sent my case after ordering.

Overall Win: Seidio

Reaction score
Thanks for your review, grimloktt. Do you know if the Seidio Active case will fit into the Motorola multimedia and/or car docks with their inserts removed? Will they work with Seidio's corresponding products, or were those made only for the Surface cases?

want a droid

Reaction score
How long did it take for yours to arrive? I was informed my Active case shipped Jan 31. It's Feb 7 and it hasn't arrived yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
Thanks for your review, grimloktt. Do you know if the Seidio Active case will fit into the Motorola multimedia and/or car docks with their inserts removed? Will they work with Seidio's corresponding products, or were those made only for the Surface cases?

I don't know. Send me those items, and I'll try them out. ; )

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
How long did it take for yours to arrive? I was informed my Active case shipped Jan 31. It's Feb 7 and it hasn't arrived yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Just a couple days. If you have an account, they should've e-mailed you the reciept. Within the receipt is a tracking number...at least there was with mine.