Will Otterbox Defender for Turbo fit a Turbo 2?

daniel4ever

Reaction score
Hello! My son is getting a Turbo 2 for Christmas and I am trying to find him an Otterbox Defender in a particular color... found one, but it says it is a Droid Turbo. Will this work for a Turbo 2, or do I need to keep looking?

Thanks for any help!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
No it will not.. The physical size is much different and the layout of the camera is different... Perhaps posting what you are after. There are many many places to look... Best place to see if they offer exactly what you want is on the Otterbox site

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Let us know the color.. And while I too am a fan of otter box..there are some really good cases out there that aren't otterbox defenders..life proof and incipio come to mind

OP
D

daniel4ever

Reaction score
Thanks Miller6386 and 94lt1! He wants a blue one - the Navy Blue, and I have been to the Otterbox site and they are out of stock. I have tried outfityours.com and they have no listings for Otterbox despite the fact they have it as a brand they carry.

It really helps me to know that they are not the same (the Turbo and Turbo 2) since the Best Buy person I "chatted with" via internet told me they were. Good thing I always look for a second opinion!

It is funny - my husband wants a red Otterbox for his new phone - not a Droid, and son wants blue, and I can get a red in the one my son needs and a blue in the one my husband needs. Now if that is not ironic, I don't know what is! LOL.....

And, I will check out the two you mention, 94lt1!

Thanks again!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Thanks Miller6386 and 94lt1! He wants a blue one - the Navy Blue, and I have been to the Otterbox site and they are out of stock. I have tried outfityours.com and they have no listings for Otterbox despite the fact they have it as a brand they carry.

It really helps me to know that they are not the same (the Turbo and Turbo 2) since the Best Buy person I "chatted with" via internet told me they were. Good thing I always look for a second opinion!

It is funny - my husband wants a red Otterbox for his new phone - not a Droid, and son wants blue, and I can get a red in the one my son needs and a blue in the one my husband needs. Now if that is not ironic, I don't know what is! LOL.....

And, I will check out the two you mention, 94lt1!

Thanks again!

Amazon has one is "HighTide" not sure if its exactly navy blue or not

Amazon.com: OtterBox DEFENDER Case for MOTOROLA DROID TURBO 2 - Frustration-Free Packaging - HIGHTIDE (WHISPER WHITE/ADMIRAL BLUE): Cell Phones & Accessories

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Exactly amazon and eBay or a Google search for the case.. Will pop it up

OP
D

daniel4ever

Reaction score
Thanks again Miller6386 and 94lt1!

So, three things I learned and also a piece of good news!

1) When shopping on Amazon, the two options - frustration free packaging and regular packaging - are not the same thing, i.e., the case I needed for my husband was out of stock in the color he wanted with frustration free packaging, but on a lark I clicked on the regular packaging link, and lo and behold, *in stock!!*

2) You guys are awesome!

3) Don't shop late at night when you are tired. You miss things!

And now for the wonderful news! On the Otterbox site, the color my son wanted had been out of stock, and I just went there and they were in stock, on sale, with free expedited shipping! I feel like I just won the power ball!!

Thanks again!