How many use protective cases on droid turbo?

btc1951

Reaction score
I have an Otterbox Defender case on my turbo (had one on my S4) and never had issues with it. On the turbo, however, I think it might be causing major typing issues and was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar. I want to take the case off but am so afraid of dropping it. Please share your case vs non-case thoughts and experiences.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I love the DT without a case BUT have a Tech21 on it because it is the maximum protection for the least added mass.
Every phone prior ..... a drop was a matter of when not "If". My MaxxHD was in a case everyday EXCEPT the one I took it off and "crotched" it in my Jeep. Jumped out and sent it across the driveway. Game over.
It is a love/hate thing - Love the naked phone..... Hate myself when I drop it so, end up with "Burka Phone".
The Tech21 is a nice minimalistic case with serious "tech" behind the protection. It also makes the phone a little grippier and the charging notch at the bottom sits right on your support pinky for easy one-handed operation.
So, I focus on what it adds in functionality as well as protection.

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Well, I love the DT without a case BUT have a Tech21 on it because it is the maximum protection for the least added mass.

Me too......Tech21 is the ideal case for me.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I have an Otterbox Defender case on my turbo (had one on my S4) and never had issues with it. On the turbo, however, I think it might be causing major typing issues and was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar. I want to take the case off but am so afraid of dropping it. Please share your case vs non-case thoughts and experiences.

Is your turbo the "Balistic Nylon" 64GB version?

I think there may be issues with this phone and the correct sizing of cases for it. It was mentioned on this board in the past. Perhaps the case designers hadn't seen the slight differences in the sizes of the turbos?

=^.".^=

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I ended up Buying every case available, trying each for up to a week and returned ALL but the tech21.
Knew I was keeping it but saw a video of a guy throwing his tech21 encased phone across the room at a wall (repeatedly) and that sold me.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I don't use a case I like it thin. So far a case would not have helped me when I have damaged mine... use it for fish bait..( didn't catch any, Fish took my bait )

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I use the Verizon shell/holster case for mine. Not complete protection, but I need some extra gripping power. The phones are too thin and slippery for me to hang on to otherwise.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Buy a screen protector for the turbo.. Then..

Take the front cover or the defender and push out the screen protector... Use a scour pad and dawn with water.. Remove the adhesive... Or you will ruin screen protectors..

Now apply the protector to the turbo.. Put the defender case back on.. And poof.. All of the protection and none of the hassle..

gimpy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I bought the "Speck" case from Verizon last week and ordered their flex glass screen. Got it put on today. So far, I am liking the screen. When I got home with the phone today, I did notice the lower right corner of the screen was not glued down, maybe one millimeter in width. It was not noticeable at Verizon.
I really like the case, also. I do miss not having the belt clip, though

All in all, I am happy with both accessories so far. I will see if I still feel this way over time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Did anyone really ever get a noticeable "ding" on any
of their smart phone screens.......ever?

I have owned 3 since 2010 an original Droid and 2 Razr Maxx and
never have I seen one on any of mine. i kinda think screen protectors are over-rated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did anyone really ever get a noticeable "ding" on any
of their smart phone screens.......ever?

I have owned 3 since 2010 an original Droid and 2 Razr Maxx and
never have I seen one on any of mine. i kinda think screen protectors are over-rated.

To me.. Since I live in a coastal area.. Its more about keeping sand from scratching the heck out of my screen... So... I'd say they're not over rated. But to each his own..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
With one free screen replacement I'm not using a case (and won't - thing is too big already).

I use the screen cover only for anti-glare and anti-fingerprint. I actually like the feel better than the naked screen, too.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Totally naked so far - no case, no screen protector. Day 30 and all is good.

Sent from my Droid Turbo