Droid 2 or Droid X?

cpjr

Reaction score
Damn.. no one mentions the HTC incredible?? I got it over the x. X was just too big and Motorola blur sux.. just my opinion..

I believe thats because the OP specifically asked about the D2 vs the X.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I switched from the incredible to the X simply for the bigger screen as I've developed an inability to see things a foot in front of my face. It was getting hard for me to seen the incredibles screen. The X is perfect for me now. I guess in 5 more years I'll be carrying a 7" tablet as a phone.

Too funny, we must be around the same age...it was ether go up a step on my reading glasses just to see the Droid 1 (not needed for anything else I read/look at) OR get a Droid X....the choice was clear :)

And DX pics, yeah not bad at all, Vidoe even better...and the Panorama feature is killer...and if you do what the DX tells you to do, near perfect. Here is a quick example (not mine, and image was reduced).

443843-850-136.jpg

kenbiz

Reaction score
Damn.. no one mentions the HTC incredible?? I got it over the x. X was just too big and Motorola blur sux.. just my opinion..

I believe thats because the OP specifically asked about the D2 vs the X.

Well just letting people know there's other phones out there that don't need commercials to sell phones.. just letting him know there's more options.. that's all

Cunha

Reaction score
It isn't neccesary to quote a page long post to target someones comment, gee wiz.

The incredible was advertised pretty well and continues to be shown next to the X and the D2 in a lot of ads. I think the incredible is the best form factor of the lot. It is just lacking in certain areas that can't be ignored.

kenbiz

Reaction score
It isn't neccesary to quote a page long post to target someones comment, gee wiz.

The incredible was advertised pretty well and continues to be shown next to the X and the D2 in a lot of ads. I think the incredible is the best form factor of the lot. It is just lacking in certain areas that can't be ignored.

DUDE WHAT'S the difference what I quote..lol geeee wizzzzz ..lol

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I'm interested in this panorama option stated above with the Droid X's camera.

Does this come stock?

Is it available on the D2?

mystified

Reaction score
Mod Edit- mystified - Please use Font size options "sparingly"--My eyes are wattering :)

:) good morning all I'm new here!

I read all 4 pages of this post and being old school as in not a tech savy person heres my discoveries.

I have tried both the droid x and the iphone and heres what I learned,

the droid is a nice phone but either to manny folks ahead of me messed up the way the home screen is supposed to be as I found I got lost big time. I looked at the camera feature took a photo it went to a small window at lower left of dx to discover its not in photos its in a place called gallery this old dogs mind went artwork? so please can you educate me some on the newer terminology used in the dx as I have an LG Versa it asks want to save to phone?I think you can see my confusion.

as to just generally browsing the dx and various areas pre loaded to phone I still found it hard to navigate.

now next day went to apple store picked up an Iphone and pretty much went and did what I wanted to do and never felt lost or intimidated by it.

we all have our preferences to phones but for me the Iphone uses what we call in model railroading the kiss method.
please I'm not bashing the dx just telling you from an older persons point of view my experience using both phones.

I've never used an Iphone or a DX until this past week.
my next question does the droid x have a web site I can go to and browse all the pre loaded apps on it and basically have a mini tutorial on where and how to navigate it. thanks for any help on this would really like to be able to see what the droid is all about, have a great day all-Mystified

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
An iPhone?

Pfft. Blasphemy.
If I wanted a kindergarden phone I'd use my 1yr. old daughter's oversimplified, one-dimensional singing dog phone.

:wink:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
An iPhone?

Pfft. Blasphemy.
If I wanted a kindergarden phone I'd use my 1yr. old daughter's oversimplified, one-dimensional singing dog phone.

:wink:

I hear the Moto Razrs are easy to use too......

Droid X, so easy a caveman can use it....BUT, WAY too complicated for iPhone users :)

mystified,

Just playing around, don't mind us, but we can't resist an iPhone joke around here!!

Welcome to Droid Forums!!! You have hit the motherlode of everything "Droid" (and the best iPhones jokes on the planet :).

I understand what you are saying to a point. As with anything that has pretty much limitless options and customization, the Droid (or any Android phone) may at first seem overwhelming, especially compared to something that is "strickly" structured like the iPhone.

BUT, with just an hour or so of poking around in a Droid you will start to get a feel for it.

There are a few places that have great Video walkthrus of Android and will help you get up to speed on it in now time.

Check out YouTube for Android How To Videos.

Concerning the Droid X it has a built in Help Center app that will walk you thru How to stuff and also has a "Tips" News feed built into it with even more details and How to Videos.

Also here at DF is a FAQ Section with tons of basic info etc.

I will say that once you grasp the Android way, it is very easy and very intutive..AND when you understand just one Android phone, you can then feel right at Home with ALL Android phones..... once again that is the strenght of Android...TONS of choices, instead of just one like the iPhone.

mystified

Reaction score
I'm thick skinned to all jokes so as they say no prob bob!

as to the droid x I did go back today and worked with it in a verizon retail store I managed to get a grasp of it but there has to be something wrong with its browser I waited 5 minutes for it to connect to a web page it never did so can you enlighten me to what the real time is.

I found a web site this morning too that explained a lot of the how to's and where to go and that was helpful.

guess I'll have to find another verizon store and give there dx a shot as to web browsing. thanks to all for your input, mystified