Droid x or droid 2 global?

jman2k7live

Reaction score
Hi. I was originally going to wait for the droid bionic to come out before I upgraded from my original droid (which I loved), but earlier today my phone fell from my holster and the screen cracked. The screen is not responsive as it used to be and it is a pain to put my pattern in to unlock the phone. Well since my droid is not working properly anymore i need to upgrade my phone pretty soon before my classes start. I did some research on Verizon phones and I narrowed my choice down to the droid 2 global and the droid x. So my question is which phone is the better to upgrade to, the droid 2 or the droid x?

I have played around with both phones and I like them both a lot but i cannot decide on which one to get.

thanks!!!

cpjr

Reaction score
Two very different phones....I like the X but it's personal opinion.

jbdow

Reaction score
X has the bigger screen, global the physical keyboard....the X is aimed at multimedia
types, the global not quite so much, so if those issues are not factors, then it's time
to flip a coin...

OP
J

jman2k7live

Reaction score
thanks for the replys guys. still kinda iffy on which one to get lol.
Here are some of the things i plan on doing with my phone if this helps at all:

-listen to music occasionally
-play games every now and then when bored
-average texter
-check email periodically
-watch videos and youtube videos
-surf the web every now and then (maybe good 30-35 mins per day)
-keep my calanders and schedules

At first I was going to get the droid x since it fits the bill, but I also have the original droid media dock and car mount that I bought, and from what i read the droid 2 global should be compatible with that.

Oh and I would like to know how the performance on both devices are since the Droid 2 global is clocked slightly higher and battery life one both

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score
Heres probably the biggest 2 differences.

X has a bigger screen.

D2 has a physical keyboard.

So there you go, which is more important to you.