Droid 2 Global stuck in bootloader D0.11

wmh3

Reaction score
I had a perfectly fine rooted D2G yesterday! Went to update to the Gingerbread Rom out there and ended up with phone booting into bootloader. Tried to rsdlite with stock 2.4.29 file and everytime when it comes to Bp passthrough mode flash fails. Now bootloader says Code Corrupt, Battery Ok, Ok to program, Connect USB data cable. Used Bootstrap recovery to install the new rom. Was running Liberty Rom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think you've pretty much perma bricked..... im assuming you used the tbh d2 gingie? That's what it sounded like atleast. That replaces some critical files that doesn't get replaced by sbf since you used it on the wrong phone.....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
W

wmh3

Reaction score
Wrong phone? I used the procedure mentioned on Droid-Life
*Note* - If you didn’t jump the gun and flash the non-rooted version and are still running something like say, Liberty ROM, all you have to do is flash the .zip file below just as you would any other ROM.
Download: Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip
*Note Again* – If you have not already upgraded to Gingerbread, simply download the .zip file, flash it like you normally would a ROM, and ignore this entire process.

Was this only for the Droid 2, not the Droid2 Global?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yep, only for d2....... d2g version is still at moto according to p3droid. The d2 version has an updated kernel which the d2g cannot read.

OP
W

wmh3

Reaction score
So now there's no way to rsdlite the phone back to original brand new?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't think so..... only thing I know of to try would be to set up a virtual box of ubuntu and try the sbf_flash method in through it. I sincerely doubt that would work though because of how the gb update works.

OP
W

wmh3

Reaction score
Thanks, what is the appropriate sbf file I should be trying to flash? I will try the ubuntu flash.

Wayne

OP
W

wmh3

Reaction score
Woo Hoo!!!!! Ubuntu saved my bacon! Phone is back! Ubuntu is the easiest way to flash phone.

Thanks 13th Angel (odd name)

Now I can sell phone, since I got Thunderbolt last week.

Zazles

Reaction score
Registered just to reply to this and say thanks and to confirm it working.

This is the single one place I've found with a proper answer that actually worked. Though, running off of a virtual machine wouldn't work for me(I couldn't connect the phone without it crashing the VM), so I ran it all off of a liveCD instead.

OP
W

wmh3

Reaction score
That's how I did it. Everything's great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dsquared2

Reaction score
Help!

I know nothing about using ubuntu. Can you guys give me some instructions on how to complete the process? I can boot in liveCd but, thats about it. :reddroid:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Search around here/google. There's a thread that has instructions but I don't remember the name and couldn't link to it anyways.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2