Droid 2 R2D2 Stuck On Bootloader D0.11

Toast114

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what section to post this in so forgive me..

My friend tried installing Liberty 1.5 onto his girl's R2D2 and failed at it. I don't know exactly what he did as far as reflashing or whatever..

In any case the condition I now have the phone in is that it says:

Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,69,35,00,3D

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

No matter the combination of button presses or anything the best I can get it to do is get rid of the part where it says the error code or flash the liberty boot icon for a sec before going back to the bootloader.

Now I'm going to save you a sec in helping me as I'm fairly good at using computers and I have done my research all over the web looking for solutions; yes I have RSD Lite 4.9 (no it does not recognize the phone in any fashion of using admin/xp mode/battery pulls/button presses/etc..), yes I have the SBF that I am fairly certain is the correct one (not liberty but one I pulled off a forum that's supposed to be the stock one), I tried downloading Ubuntu and going through the recovery thing I found on youtube but my computer has driver issues when it loads up Ubuntu so it can't get on the internet and I really don't feel the need to partition my drive for a dual boot just for this one thing.. anyways the problem I know is one thing in particular which is when I plug the phone into the computer doesn't matter which port or how many times I go find the drivers uninstall and reinstall them in device manager it keeps coming up as the Windows Does Not Recognize blah blah blah (on that note the phone recognizes that it gets plugged in when I was trying to get RSD to work so I don't think it's any hardware problem fairly certain its soft/firmware)

Also not that I think it really matters for what I am trying to do but I do have the SDK installed if there is a way to communicate with the device that way.

Any help would be gladly appreciated and thank you for taking the time,
Toast

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I take it you can't get into stock recovery or clockwork. The phone doesn't come up at all on rsd? (Not even as s flash?) You have the r2d2 sbf or the d2(i think you can use either) and its the full sbf file? If you can get into Bootloader, then you should be able to get it back! Trying to think.... I'll get back at you

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
T

Toast114

Reaction score
My droid x has liberty 1.5 all installed so I am very aware what that is supposed to look like and all that good stuff, so the answer is no the only 2 screens that ever come up with holding buttons yadda yadda is either the word liberty which im pretty sure is just the motorola image replaced for a little while then it goes right into the screen with the error code or as I said without the error code but the rest of the message.. there isn't a single thing that shows up in the RSD.. I had a thought I'm gonna try using my x in RSD just to see if it comes up

**edit**
Yes my x gets recognized as S flash blah blah blah so the program works the drivers work so on and so forth but this droid 2 just isnt getting the driver installed or whatever isn't working

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a head scratcher for me. I'm at a loss. I would try posting this in the rescue squad section and hopefully someone else can shed some light on this. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it has to do with the error message. I've never seen that message on the bootloader screen before and I'm on a d2. How to remedy it though, i'm not so sure

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never had to move a thread so I'm not sure. I know it can be done though. Maybe through the desktop app. I'm on the phone app now. I'm gonna look into it right now

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may need to get done by the forum staff. I can't seem to find a way to move the thread.

D

dankarlinski

You'll need to SBF back to get yourself out of this situation

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
T

Toast114

Reaction score
Thanks for responding, I think you are right about moving it because I looked for a little while.

dankarlinski: no der (not to be short tempered but I would prefer a little more explanation than a one line response that I already knew that I had to do that. Felt like you didn't even read what I said my problem is getting my pc to recognize the device TO FLASH IT)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha. Keep me posted dude. Bootloader of any kind = good news

OP
T

Toast114

Reaction score
The only possible solution I have found that might work but I don't have the tools for is that a guy with a similar issue hooked it up to a network usb port and pointed the program at it that way so I guess I need some way to make windows just shut up.

cobjones

Reaction score
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the moto drivers on your computer?

Sent from my DROID2

OP
T

Toast114

Reaction score
short answer yes..

long answer please read my post before asking me a question I already gave an answer for.. I said I got new drivers installed and reinstalled a bunch of times and got the whole thing working on my droid x but not this droid 2.. It has something to do with this specific phone isn't getting recognized via my usb port (the phone acknowledges its connected and the computer realizes it's there but doesn't know what to do with it)

cobjones

Reaction score
You must be a fun person to work with. You don't have to be a tool. Maybe if you didn't type a page long single paragraph.

Try downloading rsdlite 4.8

It recognized my D2 when 4.9 wouldn't.

Sent from my DROID2