Droid 2 stuck at bootloader, sbf flash doesnt work HELP!

likebandits

Reaction score
So it's safe to say anyone who is stuck in this process has bricked their phone .. including me.. sighhhhhhh :'(

dbohnwagner

Reaction score
I thought mine was bricked, tried everything above, nothing worked. Finally in a desparate effort booted to recovery mode, reset to factory. I lost my settings and some apps, but it wasn't a brick.

greeenie

Reaction score
think i just bricked my wifes phone. stuck in bootloop, on google screen actually. tried to load apex 2.0 onto a froyo base.... yea yea, im a tard, but i really really need help. have attempted sbf and to no avail. used rsdlite with appropriate sbf files, with patch and im so stuck, all it does is fail every time i try to do anything. any help would be greatly appreciated

dbohnwagner

Reaction score
think i just bricked my wifes phone. stuck in bootloop, on google screen actually. tried to load apex 2.0 onto a froyo base.... yea yea, im a tard, but i really really need help. have attempted sbf and to no avail. used rsdlite with appropriate sbf files, with patch and im so stuck, all it does is fail every time i try to do anything. any help would be greatly appreciated

I got force-fed Gingerbread by Verizon last weekend, It worked great most of the day (EXCEPT for wireless tether) until the battery died. As soon as I installed the spare battery, it started bootlooping on me. I researched it and it appears that I did the same things you have tried. I tried countless SBF files, all either failed or said they were successful but the bootloop continued. After about 5 hours of this, I found a blog that said there was an issue going from a rooted Froyo directly to Gingerbread OTA and suggested that the only way to recover from this was to restore the phone to factory settings, then install Gingerbread and my apps, then root the Gingerbread install. I booted to recovery mode, restored the phone to factory, let Google recover (Most of) my apps and contacts, then upgraded to Gingerbread without issue. I waited 24 hours to ensure I had no other lingering issues, rooted the Gingerbread install and then my root apps. I'm not sure what phone you have but this was the only way out that I could find, I hope it helps you.

These are the steps to boot your Droid 2 phone into Recovery Mode should you need to.

Perform a hard reset on your Verizon Motorola Droid 2 if you wish to wipe all the data from the device.
[h=3]From device startup[/h]1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button downuntil a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.
3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.
6. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

Here is the link to where I found the instructions to Hard Reset the phone:

Droid 2: Hard Reset | Technipages

There are similar links on the bottom for other phones, if you do not have a Droid 2.

Good Luck.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You must SBF, especially after installing a GB ROM on a Froyo kernel.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

greeenie

Reaction score
I got force-fed Gingerbread by Verizon last weekend, It worked great most of the day (EXCEPT for wireless tether) until the battery died. As soon as I installed the spare battery, it started bootlooping on me. I researched it and it appears that I did the same things you have tried. I tried countless SBF files, all either failed or said they were successful but the bootloop continued. After about 5 hours of this, I found a blog that said there was an issue going from a rooted Froyo directly to Gingerbread OTA and suggested that the only way to recover from this was to restore the phone to factory settings, then install Gingerbread and my apps, then root the Gingerbread install. I booted to recovery mode, restored the phone to factory, let Google recover (Most of) my apps and contacts, then upgraded to Gingerbread without issue. I waited 24 hours to ensure I had no other lingering issues, rooted the Gingerbread install and then my root apps. I'm not sure what phone you have but this was the only way out that I could find, I hope it helps you.

These are the steps to boot your Droid 2 phone into Recovery Mode should you need to.

Perform a hard reset on your Verizon Motorola Droid 2 if you wish to wipe all the data from the device.
From device startup

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button downuntil a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.
3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.
6. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

Here is the link to where I found the instructions to Hard Reset the phone:

Droid 2: Hard Reset | Technipages

There are similar links on the bottom for other phones, if you do not have a Droid 2.

Good Luck.

turns out, that sbf wont work, i tried and tried and tried, even burned a linux boot disc for it. spent the better part of 6 hours trying and trying. turns out i have a d2 global, different SBF file.... used rsdlite 4.9 in conjunction with the global sbf and now im good guys. thanks for all input and help!

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
Stuck at Andy Android and !

Hello,

I am desperately looking for some help. Like everyone else, after my phone upgraded to GB, my phone was unrooted and my Wireless Tether no longer worked. I have to use this to get internet at my house so after trying the One Click D3 Root Method without success, someone told me to do an SBF Recovery back to stock Froyo. I finally got RSD Lite to say PASS and now Andy Android and the ! are on my screen. However, when I push the magnifying glass on my keyboard, nothing happens! I tried flashing again and I am still at the same spot. Can you help?

Thanks so much!!

Jeni

greeenie

Reaction score
u need to use the side keys to navigate. when the android and ! are on the screen u need to press the zoom key and it will let u into recovery, then use volume keys to navigate, and camera to select. navigate down to wipe/factory reset, click camera, then choose yes. then wipe cache. then reboot

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
Turns out, I was using the wrong SBF file! It was never fully complete so it was not working! Thanks for the response!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums