Droid 2 Global Roms

jeripperdan

Reaction score
Okay so I have read all throughout the forums different roms for the the Droid 2. I have a Droid 2 global could some one please give me a list of known working roms for the global. I am running 2.33 I don't think I have gingerbread yet. Talked to a rep today and my area's wave of release isn't until next week but im tired of standard rom. I went from a Droid 1 simply stunning to this. This is just boring and the angel rom was just a standard rom of Droid basically. Could someone please help me?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Try Hexen or the somewhat behind Fenom (really the same thing, in hindsight)
We also have a CM4D2G build somewhere in the rafters; it works for the most part.

shahm0nsterr

Reaction score
From what I know there are

Angel
Hexen
Fenom
Fission

I like Fission because of the Fission Rom manager. From FRM you can download/install the rom, make a Nandroid backup, download and install themes and add ons such as boot animations and certain applications.

If you wanted to try that out, go here Fission Rom Manager | Team DeFuse (the Fission rom website) and download the lite version.
The latest version of Fission for the Droid 2 Global is 2.4.3

OP
J

jeripperdan

Reaction score
I've used fission and didn't really like it. Just seemed basic. I don't care bout the animations or logos. I want to be able to change all my settings for everything and what my notification colors are. Fission was just basic with few mods. Didn't seem to help at all

shahm0nsterr

Reaction score
There aren't many roms for the Global unfortunately
All the ones I've tried are basic like Fission

OP
J

jeripperdan

Reaction score
See that's what im running into. I got used to simply stunning ad it was excellent but there are no plans for it on global. Im assuming once everyone gets gingerbread they might make more and since Verizon no longer sells the basic Droid 2 unless they still have em in stock. But im not very satisfied with selection. Wish I would have gotten different phone...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I have no clue as to what other roms let you customize, and I have tried droid 2 roms on my droid 2 global as well(trust me, don't flash droid 2 roms it is a hassle to fix things if u want to change) and i can plainly say I have no damn idea what you're talking about. If you want to customize your notification bar rip apart the system files and do it yourself.

OP
J

jeripperdan

Reaction score
Lol yeah already tried do roms didn't turn out so far. Not the bar the actual light. Already tried to go into the files but it wouldn't keep the files the way I had em. Talked to a friend of nine who does Droid x roms and he had no clue why they wouldn't stay.

WrightPC

Reaction score
Okay so I have read all throughout the forums different roms for the the Droid 2. I have a Droid 2 global could some one please give me a list of known working roms for the global. I am running 2.33 I don't think I have gingerbread yet. Talked to a rep today and my area's wave of release isn't until next week but im tired of standard rom. I went from a Droid 1 simply stunning to this. This is just boring and the angel rom was just a standard rom of Droid basically. Could someone please help me?

Your "rep" is misinformed. No one has Gingerbread yet on the Droid 2 Global. Waves of deployment aren't geographical. So much misinformation from VZW employees. Tier 2 support has not been trained on the update yet. They were trained on the Droid X update three days before it started rolling out. A Motorola driven "soak test" was started more than a week before the VZW reps were trained. The soak test for the Droid 2 Global hasn't started yet.

chefyocum

Reaction score
Battery monitor x changes all the colors off the lights. You can set it to a rainbow effect and they change every 5 minutes. You could probably logcat it. Its in the market.

ExodusC

Reaction score
From what I know there are

Angel
Hexen
Fenom
Fission

I like Fission because of the Fission Rom manager. From FRM you can download/install the rom, make a Nandroid backup, download and install themes and add ons such as boot animations and certain applications.

If you wanted to try that out, go here Fission Rom Manager | Team DeFuse (the Fission rom website) and download the lite version.
The latest version of Fission for the Droid 2 Global is 2.4.3

I've used fission and didn't really like it. Just seemed basic. I don't care bout the animations or logos. I want to be able to change all my settings for everything and what my notification colors are. Fission was just basic with few mods. Didn't seem to help at all

I used Fission, because I wanted a ROM close to stock, no MotoBloat. Fission I believe is now dead, since AngDroid pretty much jumped ship to HTC... Admittedly this is the first time I've been a little upset with him, because just days before jumping ship he promised he was going to continue to work on the Moto Droid versions of Fission.

Anyways, I've started using Hexen. It's pretty great, nothing fancy, comes with a nice Gingerbread theme. I might consider CM4D2G when it becomes a bit less buggy- it has a lot of potential.