Droid 2 Global Boot Loop Help

DjxDestroyer13

Reaction score
I see several people having issues with boot loop and what not on here. But I need help with my specific situation, mainly because I dont fully grasp the concepts.

So to start, I have a Droid 2 Global. I have read up on rooting and the pros and cons, so I decided to root my D2 for sh**s and giggles. I had a restore file saved on my SD card and everything, just in case something went wrong. I never downloaded any ROMs or Kernals, for the sheer fact I like the way I had my phone set up.

Well as time went on, I had tried downloading a few apps from the market and some of them ended up saying download declined. Even when I wasnt in/using the market. The notification just kept popping up. So I figured I would just reload the restore file I had and hoped that would fix the problem. In doing so, my D2 went into boot loop. So I looked up every possible way to fix it, even called Verizon and Motorola to see if they could be any help (both just said to send the phone in). Now I know as soon as they look into the problem they will see it was rooted and my warranty will be voided.

I've tried booting in safe mode, tried doing the partitions screen. Tried every combination of power + keypad button I have found to fix it. Nothing worked. Bootlader screen just sat there and did nothing to help. Safe mode didnt work. And with the partitions screen it said:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/caller

and I've selected each option of the 4 it gives me. In the long run nothing worked.

So I started looking at RSD Lite and flashing .sbf's
but every tutorial I read up on and try and follow comes with broken links, as well as I dont entirely understand what I am doing or anything about how to do it.

Basically I want to somehow reinstall the factory default OS. I am a super noob at all of this and any full explanations, advice, and working walkthroughs would help greatly.

Even if someone were to tell me there's nothing I can do would be much appreciated.

I was able to download the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf but that was it. I dont know if that will help me at all.

Last edited:

silver6054

Reaction score
I see several people having issues with boot loop and what not on here. But I need help with my specific situation, mainly because I dont fully grasp the concepts.

So to start, I have a Droid 2 Global. I have read up on rooting and the pros and cons, so I decided to root my D2 for sh**s and giggles. I had a restore file saved on my SD card and everything, just in case something went wrong. I never downloaded any ROMs or Kernals, for the sheer fact I like the way I had my phone set up.

Well as time went on, I had tried downloading a few apps from the market and some of them ended up saying download declined. Even when I wasnt in/using the market. The notification just kept popping up. So I figured I would just reload the restore file I had and hoped that would fix the problem. In doing so, my D2 went into boot loop. So I looked up every possible way to fix it, even called Verizon and Motorola to see if they could be any help (both just said to send the phone in). Now I know as soon as they look into the problem they will see it was rooted and my warranty will be voided.

I've tried booting in safe mode, tried doing the partitions screen. Tried every combination of power + keypad button I have found to fix it. Nothing worked. Bootlader screen just sat there and did nothing to help. Safe mode didnt work. And with the partitions screen it said:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/caller

and I've selected each option of the 4 it gives me. In the long run nothing worked.

So I started looking at RSD Lite and flashing .sbf's
but every tutorial I read up on and try and follow comes with broken links, as well as I dont entirely understand what I am doing or anything about how to do it.

Basically I want to somehow reinstall the factory default OS. I am a super noob at all of this and any full explanations, advice, and working walkthroughs would help greatly.

Even if someone were to tell me there's nothing I can do would be much appreciated.

I was able to download the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf but that was it. I dont know if that will help me at all.

What "restore" file did you have on your SD disk? Nandroid backup or something else? You can try the usual things, like clearing cache, but without knowing what the file was, it's hard to know what to suggest. Anyway, SBFing is probably a good idea now. Try Gasai's wiki on this

SBF - The DROID Wiki
Consider using later SBF named there, if you use the 2.4.29 you will then have to get a .330 over the air update, if you use the .330 SBF, you can avoid this.

Last edited:
OP
D

DjxDestroyer13

Reaction score
I used clockworkmod to create a restore file based off what my phone was already running. And I shall check that link asap.

Edit:

I have done every step that wiki link had me do, but when i tried starting the flash the RSD Lite told me:

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file.

dont know where to go from here..

Edit 2.0:

Fixed! I accidently downloaded RSD Lite 4.5. So I dowloaded 4.9. And it worked great!
thank you for your help.

Last edited: