Droid 2 email

michaelt721

Reaction score
Hi,

I just traded my Moto Droid for a Droid 2. I love everything except the email function. On the old Droid, once my email is downloaded off the email server (using outlook from home), it would not show up on my phone (which is what I want).
With the Droid 2, it still shows on my phone. I have to physically delete it from the phone, or wait a week for it to fall off.

Is there a way to adjust this? Is there an email app that is better than the one that comes on the Droid2?

Thanks in advance!
[email protected]

The.Dark.God

Reaction score
I've noticed the same issue with the Droid 2's stock mail app. I don't know why Motorola took such a big jump back from the Droid 1 in some critical areas like this and the contacts list... keep your fingers crossed for a future fix.

In the meantime, you might want to try K-9 Mail. It's a free app on the Marketplace, and it's pretty powerful. It's not perfect, but it might be better than dealing with the stock app for now.

Last edited:

j1999t

Reaction score
check out K9- mail i am using it and its so much better than the stock app

theHQ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I dumped the stock for K9 and zero issues to date, also using maildroid for my yahoo and it works like it did on blackberry. Top Notch apps.:clap:

tgs3838

Reaction score
Does K-9 work with an AOL email? The stock email use to work fine for me. The over the last week or so its been messing up. Telling me it cant verify my email and stuff like that. So guess i need to try something new

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the stock mail app and don't have this problem.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what you're talking about in regards to the email not deleting. Mine works fine.

Perhaps you're having this issue because you are using another source other then Gmail as you email client. If that's the case then K9 would probably be needed. There is another mail app besides K9 that cost 10.00 that is supposed to work even better. It's called touchdown and is suppose to be better then k9.