New Droid User with Droid 2

Cairo

Reaction score
Hi. Just received my Droid 2. Looks sweet. I'm used to using BBerry. Some change...

Anyway, this looks like a great site. I'm most anxious to solve the email issues. I use Outlook currently and hate it (constantly have to dump old email, constantly freezes, etc). So I could consider a Google based system of email, calendar, etc.

I use the phone for business email and I liked the fact that my bberry would receive an email immediately. Is there an app for that that people like?

Thanks and looking forward to interracting on this great forum!

robble

Reaction score
Hi. Just received my Droid 2. Looks sweet. I'm used to using BBerry. Some change...

Anyway, this looks like a great site. I'm most anxious to solve the email issues. I use Outlook currently and hate it (constantly have to dump old email, constantly freezes, etc). So I could consider a Google based system of email, calendar, etc.

I use the phone for business email and I liked the fact that my bberry would receive an email immediately. Is there an app for that that people like?

Thanks and looking forward to interracting on this great forum!

I'm in exactly the same situation. Sure I could click on a check the email icon, but i love the BB push feature. My work uses a pop server, not exchange.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
There are different apps like K9 (Canine?) the Verizon tech rep told me about that turns the system to a push.

I'm wondering about jettisoning Outlook altogether and using Google system

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score
There are different apps like K9 (Canine?) the Verizon tech rep told me about that turns the system to a push.

I'm wondering about jettisoning Outlook altogether and using Google system

Same boat as you guys except for work email we use corporate gmail. It makes my life a lot easier.

mindytyson3

Reaction score
hello and welcome! i also have a blackberry so i can't wait to get my new droid 2 next month!