Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm thinking people are going to be glad they hung onto their droid 1s down the road, even if they do get newer phones. I can see a black market forming at some time for originals that can be rooted.
Something like how people buy the original 'phat' and 'slim' PSPs due to homebrew capabilities?

Yep, and look now, still people are trying to get originals and are being told they are no longer being produced. I can only see that demand going up..just a guess..

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im liking this phone so far. I actually tested out a Droid X and was not in the least bit impressed. The screen is huge but I need my physical keyboard. MotoBlur is actually an excellent reason to buy it, IMHO. Im very jealous of those who have it and wouldnt mind having it myself. But Im surprised this thing isnt running on 4G.

Whats so bad about this bootloader thing?

i think it makes it extremely difficult to root.

Exactly! The Milestone has one and has yet to be rooted (to my knowedge). I know there are devs working on it now, so all is not lost.
The milestone has been rooted, it's just that darn bootloader hasn't been cracked yet. The milestone hasn't got the same rom lovin' that all of us Droid users are getting.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

NVash

Reaction score
The fact that it cant be hacked or use ROMS wont matter much to me. I have yet to root my Droid. However I am disappointed in a few things once I got to talking about it with my friend.

1) Wheres the forward facing camera?
2) 5mp? Are you serious?
3) Fine, 5mp but tell me you fixed it. Tell me its better than the one on the original. In the words of Chris Rock, 'LIE TO ME JERRY!'
4) We still cant vidchat?

Thing is this thing wants to play with the big boys *cough*Apple*cough* and I dont see how it expects to do that when really this seems like a POSSIBLY souped up Droid 1 with Moto Blur. Heck, give me Moto Blur as an app and Ill just keep the original Droid. I say POSSIBLY because Im no good with tech specs, especially when it comes to phones. But this thing, IMHO, cant touch the iPhone 4. If Apple can get that darn thing working right and the carrier stops sucking, or if it comes to Verizon, tell me one reason people will opt for the Droid 2. Customizability? Okay, App Market still needs work though. Live Wallpapers? Awesome sauce, but I can see pics I take before I take them OF MY OWN FACE and they dont suck. And look at this, I can vid chat! The list goes on. I hope this is just an idea of what it looks like and theyll get to work on adding some of these features because this... this... I just dont see why Id leave my 2 year contract a year early and pay $500 or even $200 after my contract for it.

Dont get me wrong, I like it. I especially like how similar it is to the original. But its a little too similar and they need to work more on whats under the hood.

NVash

Reaction score
Please forgive the double post, I cant seem to find the Edit button. But another thing. Why isnt this phone Global? The Droid is amazing but that one of the most annoying things about it in my book. Im in college and hoping to transfer out of country soon. Id love to take my phone with me but it might just be impossible. These phones are so smart but they just cant add that one feature in?

wingsabr

Reaction score
Starting to look like HTC vs. Moto based on being able to load custom software and said ability being locked/not locked down. A house divided can never stand...hope this plays out better since the future of android seems to be playing out in the hands of manufacturers.

One of the appeals of android is openness, so please moto try to dance with the girl that you went to the prom with. (open droid 1) =0)

bcbossuk

Reaction score
I am currently a BB Tour user and am just waiting to switch to a Droid phone. I am between the X and Incredible.

X seems to have better hardware, but Incredible has Sense which seems to be much better than Blur. Is Blur that bad that I should get the Incredible due to the Blur UI?