Droid 2 Presale Starts Tomorrow

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Anyone gonna get the star wars one in Sept?

If I hadnt' gotten a Droid X, I probably would have. But I have to say, I love my DX. I'm not a fan of a physical keyboard, but i know several people with a Droid1 and they still love it.

IMO though, with the better camera and larger screen, I love my DX more. I'm also not a texter/twitter person though so maybe a physical keyboard reigns supreme with that, but I have to say, i've fallen in love with Swype.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
in my opinion, the droid 1 looks way better than the droid 2. i'm not sure what's up with it being that silver color and navy blue, but everything internally in the droid 2 is better

I personally like the color scheme of the D2.. not saying the D1s is bad, just something different..

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As with the DX I am sure I will find myself in a Verizon store telling the door person "just looking" and playing with the D2 for awhile (and handing out Android Advice to first time potential buyers) I have gotten the evil eye from VZW employees on more than one occasion once the woman was telling this guy how the D1 and DX were the same, outside of the screen size and slide out keyboard, I informed him about the processors and downloaded quadrant and showed him, she looked mad...whatever, just doing my part

D

Dragon3463

Personally, I think its a bunch of crock. They keep promising the froyo 2.2 but have never seen it delivered.

If they can't keep with the updates like they claim by the dates. Then they need to go back to the drawing board.

They promise alot and very short on delivery. 2.2 will be here the week in Aug. Has anyone seen it 2.2 on any droid, that hasn't been rooted?

Getting a lil tired of google and motorola's promises..

Lucidpsychosis

Reaction score
Oh geez... I'm due for an upgrade on August 23rd, and I was going to go for the Droid X, but the R2-D2 special edition of the Droid 2 is VERY enticing!

khelek

Reaction score
So, as mentioned previously, I have a friend who is going to be getting the Droid 2. One of the things I'd assume would happen was, once it was announced, Best Buy, like VZW, would offer pre-orders tomorrow and he could pick it up on Thursday.

I was wrong. At lunch today I went to talk to the Best Buy wireless folks. The good news is, they are offering it Thursday and, to the best of his knowledge, $199 on new/upgrade contracts. The bad news is, they aren't allowing pre-orders.

My friend has tomorrow off work, but not Thursday, so this puts him in a bad situation....he works 1hr from the nearest BB, so trying to pick it up during the work day is a no-go. He'd have to come after work. My fear is it'll be sold out before he gets there.

My hope is, since this isn't being announced with a whole lot of fanfare, not many outside of us who've been hitting F5 every 5 seconds on androidcentral/droidforums will now much about it....

Thoughts?

Lucas5

Reaction score
Say, does anyone know if the motorola car and multimedia docks for the first Droid will function with the second one?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
DROID 2 Benchmark Score Drops Jaws

Stock Droid 2 running Android 2.2 and crushing any phone on the planet in a Quadrant benchmark. That my friends, is real power. And as you can see, this D2 was taken straight out of the box and didn’t even have the opportunity to get undressed before blowing minds. Anyone still not sure that this device is a certified winner?

droid-life.com

Reaction score
best buy or verizon?

So Verizon will have it for $199 with a rebate...Would best buy have it for $199 without hassling with the rebate?

Which would be the best place to get the Droid? I plan on being somewhere at 10:00 am on Thursday.

Thanks, glad to finally be getting a Droid.

khelek

Reaction score
So Verizon will have it for $199 with a rebate...Would best buy have it for $199 without hassling with the rebate?

Which would be the best place to get the Droid? I plan on being somewhere at 10:00 am on Thursday.

First off, welcome to the family!

Secondly, to answer your question, VZW will have it at $299 with MIR and Best Buy, according to leaked screenshots and the guy at BB I talked to today, will just be flat out $199. The trade-off is, VZW will allow you to pre-order tomorrow. BB will not.

So, the question you have to answer is:

1) do I have $300 to ensure I have a phone on Thursday and hope that VZW will give me my rebate in a timely fashion or
2) do I want to avoid the hassle of a MIR and go to Best Buy, where I risk not getting a phone.

If you can be at BB at opening, it has my vote. I hate MIRs....

my 2 cents....

Reaction score

First off, welcome to the family!

Secondly, to answer your question, VZW will have it at $299 with MIR and Best Buy, according to leaked screenshots and the guy at BB I talked to today, will just be flat out $199. The trade-off is, VZW will allow you to pre-order tomorrow. BB will not.

So, the question you have to answer is:

1) do I have $300 to ensure I have a phone on Thursday and hope that VZW will give me my rebate in a timely fashion or
2) do I want to avoid the hassle of a MIR and go to Best Buy, where I risk not getting a phone.

If you can be at BB at opening, it has my vote. I hate MIRs....

my 2 cents....

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that pre-ordering it doesnt hold a phone for you at the brick and mortar store. I will def. check it out though.

Not too worried about coming off the $100 to ensure I have a phone. I do hate rebate's...just hassled with Lowe's over rebates for some paint that they tried to screw me out of. Luckily, I kept the receipts, and called them out on it all...