Droid 2 Crashed

Droid_Depot

Reaction score
Yesterday my droid 2 froze at the lock screen. I pulled the battery and replaced it. At reboot it then was stuck in the boot animation loop. I tried recovery but it was a yellow triangle with exclamation mark. I could however boot to bootloader.

My battery ended up dying a slow death from all my boot attempts and refused to charge. I received a battery symbol with a question mark on the screen. Bootloader said battery was too low to flash.

Anyways, today I took the phone to Verizon and after disapearing for about 15 minutes. I was told that my phone was shot and asked if I rooted. I of course denied it and figured at this point they'd have no way to tell because even if they used moto tools it would reflash it to unrooted. They looked up my account and said they couldn't help me because the warranty was void due to it being activated on another account. .....it was a refurb...of course it was. I asked if they put a new battery in to try the bootloader and he swore it didn't work. So I said F it and bought the battery. I went out in the parking lot as I brought my netbook and damn if my phone wasn't back to normal in 20 minutes. I took the battery back in and returned it to the little lying bastard that claimed he tried everything to fix my phone and told him to shove the battery up his A$$.

I can't express how this level of customer service irritates me. I am a third party dealer for Verizon Wireless and I NEVER treat my customers this way. This store was located in Brandon Florida and I am visiting from Pittsburgh area for a funeral over a holiday. Sorry about my gripe but hopefully its informative on how to fix the issue if anyone else has it.

Merry XMAS

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got the phone fixed. I'm disappointed that as a 3rd party dealer that you would walk into the store and tell someone to shove it up a cavity. You have some valid points but that is not good customer service to be treated that way or treat someone else like that. You do know better. I lived in the Pittsburgh area (Butler Co.) for many years, and if you'd be kind enough to tell me where your store is located, I'll be sure to not visit it. If a phone is a refurb and you are still in the first year of original Droid upgrade, they can "FRU/CLNR" that out. And, within 90 days after the 12 months since your upgrade, they can also replace the phone. But, you probably got lucky because if they would have exchanged the phone for another CLNR, and they saw it was rooted, guess who'd be charged full retail for the phone?

OP
D

Droid_Depot

Reaction score
Your missing the validity of my point. He DIDN'T try to load my phone to bootloader to restore it as he claimed. Just wanted to attempt to sell me a new phone outright. I know the warranty rules and guidelines plus all the fine print.

I treat my customers the way I want to be treated as a customer myself. I believe all sales people should do the same. So if he wanted to jack me around then he deserved it.

tommyb38

Reaction score
The rep had absolutely no vested interest in selling you a phone outright. Reps make nothing from selling a phone at full retail, NOTHING. Secondly, you complain because you feel he was dishonest to you, but when asked if the phone was rooted, you OF COURSE, denied it. Sounds to me like you started the dishonesty game first. Just my 2 cents!!!!

OP
D

Droid_Depot

Reaction score
The rep had no vested interest is exactly right. I was not making him money therefore he could have cared less. My issue was not driven by a root process therefore there was no reason to give that information. If I broke it I would have bought it no problem. I also informed the rep that recovery had failed and that you can load the bootloader but it said the battery was too low. I wasn't looking for a free phone. I wanted a troubleshoot. He took the phone said he would reflash. I was assuming using rsd. However, he came back saying the phone was shot and id need to pay full price. When I asjed if he had put a new battery in to test he said yes and it would not reflash. I said interesting and bought the battery in spite for my own curiousity. Walked to my car and to my suprise it loaded to bootloader, ran rsd and phone has been working fine. Both batteries even held a charge. The point was he lied. Regardless of rooting that wasn't the problem. My phones been the same for two months. Nothing installed. I only root to use wifi tether for business purposes. They use rooting as a cop out to move onto the next money maker. I pay over 100 a month in service they can at least give me support even if my equipment isn't warranted.

As for mr tough guys response. I have clients all over the world including console energy, the steelers and pirates. They have no issues with my customer service. So if you wish to not do business that's just fine with me. Ill enjoy my business vacations.

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Yesterday my droid 2 froze at the lock screen. I pulled the battery and replaced it. At reboot it then was stuck in the boot animation loop. I tried recovery but it was a yellow triangle with exclamation mark. I could however boot to bootloader.

My battery ended up dying a slow death from all my boot attempts and refused to charge. I received a battery symbol with a question mark on the screen. Bootloader said battery was too low to flash.

Anyways, today I took the phone to Verizon and after disapearing for about 15 minutes. I was told that my phone was shot and asked if I rooted. I of course denied it and figured at this point they'd have no way to tell because even if they used moto tools it would reflash it to unrooted. They looked up my account and said they couldn't help me because the warranty was void due to it being activated on another account. .....it was a refurb...of course it was. I asked if they put a new battery in to try the bootloader and he swore it didn't work. So I said F it and bought the battery. I went out in the parking lot as I brought my netbook and damn if my phone wasn't back to normal in 20 minutes. I took the battery back in and returned it to the little lying bastard that claimed he tried everything to fix my phone and told him to shove the battery up his A$$.

I can't express how this level of customer service irritates me. I am a third party dealer for Verizon Wireless and I NEVER treat my customers this way. This store was located in Brandon Florida and I am visiting from Pittsburgh area for a funeral over a holiday. Sorry about my gripe but hopefully its informative on how to fix the issue if anyone else has it.

Merry XMAS
*Merry Christmas

Rasmorak

Reaction score
lol, this is guy is mad.

What battery did you have before and after?