Brand New Droid X, problems after 2.2 OTA

trackready

Reaction score
Just got the Droid X tonight, everything was fine except it seemed I got 2 random reboots. Did the OTA 2.2 update, when it rebooted it showed the M logo and played the "droid" sound clip but never finished booting. Left it alone for about an hour, then did a battery pull. Found phone will fully boot after a several minute battery pull, but phone will not fully boot after being turned off from power button. Phone would only fully boot from a battery pull. Read a few people having sd card problems, also noticed from bootloader it said something like "run update_zip from sd" which when selected would say error. Cleared the cache from the bootloader and formatted my sd. I have now succesfully booted from a button power off. As you could imagine I still don't trust it. Any ideas?

OP
T

trackready

Reaction score
Well, it did it again today. Today when trying to view the factory battery meter I kept getting error messages. Tried turning the phone off and on and the phone got stuck on the motorola screen. Did a battery pull and I am up and running again. Is this a common problem? Is there anyway I can reload the OS? All this started after the 2.2 update.

TreyStyles

Reaction score
+1 here. I had the same issue and am very concerned. I would actually get message alerts and the led would flash according to which message I received. It's like everything booted up except for the screen.

Repeated battery pulls (5 or 6) got it past the M and everything is fine. This intermittently happens still.

Could this be a video card issue? Some other hardware issue?

OP
T

trackready

Reaction score
As an update... I contacted Verizon customer support and explained my issue. After they had me try the factory reset the lady suggested to exchange the phone for a new one. A few rude bestbuy employees later I have a new droid x. Much more at ease now and no more issues.