Droid 2 battery trouble

mike5529

Reaction score
Everything since the update they put out last Friday, my wife's phone has been killing her battery. She has the D2. She doesn't have task killer or any of the other things that could kill battery. On Sunday I put it on maximum save for the battery. Took it off charge at 930am by 130pm it was at 20% and that was with very minimal use. Is anybody else having the same problem or do I need to change some settings?

thisiswang

Reaction score
try doing a factory reset of the phone. you'll lose everything but battery life should improve

ibevsop

Reaction score
fresh start

Has the battery life, since improved? If this battery has been charged beyond a seemingly normal conditioning period (3-5 full charges/imo) you may want to have your battery replaced if possible. I have been using my droid2 since about this time last week and am honestly impressed with the battery life. Defects are always a real possibility, and very rare, in my personal experience. If you do get a fresh start(new battery), condition your battery(1.charge fully before first use; 2.fully drain before charging on both the second and third time charging if possible). By fully charging before the first use, at very least, you are doing yourself a great service. Again, this is based on mostly personal experience and taking into account, that its possible your equipment is defective, Droid or battery.

OP
M

mike5529

Reaction score
She did charge it that way when she first got it and then drain all the way down. She called vzw today and the idiots tech told her that it was because she didn't have ADK and that it is a must with a Droid. Then I told her to tell him that I did an update on Friday that VZW put out for the D2 and he had no idea what she was talking about. I'm starting to think it is just a bad battery.