Droid 2 App killing?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It may not be using the processor but it is still using the memory That is what a task killer is designed for, pulling aps out of the memory so it is available for other apps

Android does that automatically....Task Killer is Not needed.

I though so as well but I just don't see it in my phones. What I do see is slow performance when free memory is around 48 mb on my d2 and fast performance when it is over 100 mb

on my D1 it was slow if the free memory was under 40 mb

Breakfast/Lunch: just because Lunch comes after Breakfast every day does not mean that Breakfast causes Lunch!

There is an app, or combination of apps, that is making your phone run slow. When you use your task killer, you are killing it(them). That is what is making your phone speed up.

Relatively soon after you free your memory up to have 100 free, android loads apps back into it and it does not stay at 100 free.

Find the app(s) that are causing the conflicts and your phone will stop slowing down. The Task Killer is like putting a band-aid on a flea bit without getting rid of the fleas!!

sslbaron

Reaction score
In my experience with my D1, I was told by VZW rep to put a task killer on my phone when I bought it also. I ran it for about a month, then I read up on them and found out that they may not be needed so I removed it from my phone to try it without it. Long story short, in my exp I found that I had better battery life without the task killer and the performance didn't really change much. I also noticed when I'd do the "kill", if I checked back 5 mins after, all the apps where back running again! Doesn't the app killer itself use up the battery and memory to run?!?

Just my 2 cents! It's all personal preference......Hope this helps :greendroid:

Last edited:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
-Uninstall it and try it out for a few days. It doesn't hurt to try.
-Who you gonna trust, a verizon store rep or google engineers?
-If your phone runs better when killing tasks then you are running some crap apps

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sad thing about this is that there are millions of Androids users who have been mislead and told to use an application that has absolutely no business on an Android device.

Sent from my Droid

wildride89

Reaction score
Yea i think you should just uninstall the appkiller and just let your phone sync up it might run sluggish at first but once its done it will run very smooth. The phone it self has an app killer if you go to Settings/Applications you can stop them from there if you think one is slowing your phone down.

im a noob how do you sync your phone???