Droid 2 and email (Outlook currently)

Cairo

Reaction score
I'm hoping this is the right forum... there are so many.

I have a D2 and previously used my bberry Storm for business. emails were handled differently, though I have no smarts to articulate the reason why. Something about push and pull.

Anyway, I'm either going to go full Google (calendar, email, etc) or look to an app for help.

Any others that have gone through this decision process?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is the right forum... there are so many.

I have a D2 and previously used my bberry Storm for business. emails were handled differently, though I have no smarts to articulate the reason why. Something about push and pull.

Anyway, I'm either going to go full Google (calendar, email, etc) or look to an app for help.

Any others that have gone through this decision process?

It's a Google phone. Import your contacts to your gmail account, look in the settings in gmail on line for help. It will tell you how to make csv files to move your contacts from Outlook to Gmail.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
Thanks HB. I've done that and have a google account.

I have to spend time looking at dropping Outlook altogether OR look at using a dependable app

I like the idea of having the phone and PC sync contacts, calendar and emails wirelessly

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Google is good enough for you, definitely go for it. Personally, I try to avoid Microsoft products.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
If I could physically wad up Outlook and beat it, punch it, add a weight to it and throw it in a lake, I would. But it's what I know and have been hesitant.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is your email service provider? AOL, hotmail, Yahoo, godaddy, etc? Whatever it is, use push (IMAP) instead of pull (POP3) if it lets you. Microsoft exchange server then that's a whole other ball of wax. Anyway, if the mail server supports IMAP, you can easily use more than one email client at the same time. On PC, I have used Eudora for years and I quite like it. Thunderbird is popular too. On android: K9, maildroid, and Touchdown. If your server only supports POP3, you can still use multiple clients at the same time but you need to make sure that "keep mail on server" is checked in all clients. Also, you might want to set "delete on server when I delete".

You could actually use all of these clients at the same time so you could more easily choose one that you like. Again, it is easier with IMAP but certainly doable with POP3.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
That is one helpful post. Thank you very much. I have one email through my cable provider, Charter, and the other is the company email through Go-Daddy. I'll have to find out if IMAP is an option in either case.

Thanks again for taking the time to help!