Outlook email on Droid 2

Jimh64

Reaction score
MAybe I am not understanding, but this is a Corporate Sync Account, not a POP account through Gmail.

If I delete the emails from my phone, then they delete from my corporate sync outlook account.

I want to delete them only from my phone.

Reaction score
Right, but its just like a mobile outlook, whatever you do on your phone is changing it on the server, there's not a way to just delete them on your phone, put em in a folder or mark em as read?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right, but its just like a mobile outlook, whatever you do on your phone is changing it on the server, there's not a way to just delete them on your phone, put em in a folder or mark em as read?

Wrong, every email app on Android has a setting "do not delete from server" or "leave message on server" pop, imap and exchange all support this. Almost every client on your desktop has this setting also.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gizmo2

Reaction score
You have a couple of options.

If it's an exchange account everyone seems to prefer Touchdown as a email app on the Droids. If it's just personal Outlook type account you can use K-9 or MailDroid to sync with Outlook through Google. Both of these apps are very good and they can be set to poll the Outlook account(s) at a frequency of your choice.

The native email for Pop3 accounts is terrible and no one uses it.

An option that I just started using a few weeks is to have all emails sent to my Gmail app on the Droid. You have to set it up on Google's website/your gmail account. Google will then check your Outlook accounts at a frequency based on each account's activity. If there is a lot of email activity, it will be polled fast (1-3 minutes). If there isn't much activity, polling may be as slow as every 5 minutes. Either way, you save on battery by not having an email app wake up and poll the outlook accounts every few (1-15) minutes.

Good luck.
I am very computer savy but did read in some other forum that sending your outlook mail to gmail was not safe and could easily be accessed. Is this true?

gizmo2

Reaction score
You have a couple of options.

If it's an exchange account everyone seems to prefer Touchdown as a email app on the Droids. If it's just personal Outlook type account you can use K-9 or MailDroid to sync with Outlook through Google. Both of these apps are very good and they can be set to poll the Outlook account(s) at a frequency of your choice.

The native email for Pop3 accounts is terrible and no one uses it.

An option that I just started using a few weeks is to have all emails sent to my Gmail app on the Droid. You have to set it up on Google's website/your gmail account. Google will then check your Outlook accounts at a frequency based on each account's activity. If there is a lot of email activity, it will be polled fast (1-3 minutes). If there isn't much activity, polling may be as slow as every 5 minutes. Either way, you save on battery by not having an email app wake up and poll the outlook accounts every few (1-15) minutes.

Good luck.
I am very computer savy but did read in some other forum that sending your outlook mail to gmail was not safe and could easily be accessed. Is this true?
Sorry that should have been NOT computer savy